• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win7 BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x1A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gh0sT-NoVa

Here's my system specs.

Windows 7-64 BIT*
Intel i5 3550 @ 3.3 Ghz ( NO OC )*
ASUS P8Z77-M
Sapphire R9-Fury Nitro ( NO OC )*
Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333mhz ( REVERTED TO 1333mh, NO OC )*
W.D Blues 1TB X2 ( STEAM / Games / Other Programs and Software )*
Transcend SSD370 128GB ( OS, Google Chrome etc nothing else*)*

So for some weird reason, today all sudden my PC started to BSOD and I*can't even see the BSOD, my PC will just freeze black screen and restart itself, I only know it's BSOD because Windows informed me when the PC restarted.*
The only thing I did before this happen was Defragging my two Hard Drives, I have an SSD for OS Boot Up and*I used Auslogics and I been using for Years and it was fine. Nope didn't had any update with it or anything either.*
( And no of course I didn't defrag my SSD )*

So when it first occurred was when I was watching a video on Facebook, all sudden BSOD. At first I thought could it be my GPU Driver causing it, so I've updated it to the latest AMD ReLive 17.3.1 and no go, was just playing Wticher 3 and it BSOD on me again.*
( And as usual I did a clean uninstall and update, using DDU etc blah blah blah )*

I check online alot suggesting could be a dying hard drive or something or maybe RAM faulty.*
So I used Crystal Mark Disk Info to check all my Drives are healthy. Same for my SSD.*

I even did the most basic by doing a System File Check via cmd.*
The only thing I didn't test was using MemTest86, not yet.*

What do you guys think it's causing the problem ??*
Could it be a dying hardware ?? I do have plans on upgrading to RyZen but not so soon, and it's so sudden...

Here's the crash report I obtained using WhoCrashed.*

On Thu 09-Mar-17 14:33:05 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\030917-5350-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x74080)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41284, 0x1155001, 0x0, 0xFFFFF70001080000)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 09-Mar-17 14:33:05 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41284, 0x1155001, 0x0, 0xFFFFF70001080000)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

If you have Two DIMMS try removing 1 and use the system for several days (if you can without it BSOD'ing) then swap to the other to see if it works.

It almost sounds like a bad DIMM or (maybe) a bad DIMM SLOT

If you have Two DIMMS try removing 1 and use the system for several days (if you can without it BSOD'ing) then swap to the other to see if it works.

It almost sounds like a bad DIMM or (maybe) a bad DIMM SLOT

My God...this is what I fear most....I do have plans on upgrading to RyZen but not so soon....but if my RAM were to be giving me issues this be a headache...
RMA would most probably take a long time not to mention...and the shop I bought from is rather hard to get in contact with....

Well, if it's just a bad DIMM or a bad DIMM SLOT, and you're only using 2 DIMMS, you may be able to swap them into the remaining slots to get you back up and operational until your normal planned upgrade can happen.

Or, you can use this problem to justify an early upgrade to your significant other ;)

First place to look is the list of 3rd party drivers loaded: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html or https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902 many 'utility' software, even those supplied by the 'board maker can be behind this, also 'virtual' driver software like DaemonTools, etc.

I have seen two cases where a 3rd party defrag tool was directly implicated with BSODs, both were during boot though, not mid-session but generally you don't need a 3rd party defrag tool for W7 unless you are running out of disk space.

Clean is good, limit those 3rd party drivers to the ones that are vital.

So I ran MemTest86 and seems like it w s one of my 8GB Kit dying on me.

So I've tested the other two DIMM slots in case it's a bad DIMM. But thank Heaven it wasn't I guess it was a bad RAM.
So I guess I be stuck with 8GB at the moment while I wait for a Month long RMA. I think I'm starting to question Corsair's quality this is the second time having their RAM dying on me. I bought this kit back in 31 Jan 2013 it's only been 4 Years and its dead ? The first time was worst, DOA !

My friend owns a Corsair RM PSU and he RMA that damn thing twice already. First time was only a week use, dead second time was about a Year later, dead. Now Corsair replaced his one with the RMx instead.

Honestly should I even still risk using Corsair ? What RAM do you guys use ?

Back