• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply lying?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PotentialPit95

Registered
In another thread I read that some seasonic psu's said they had multiple rails but only had 1, is it true for this one because its a really good deal and perfect with flat cables.

its a fire hazard the multipple rails protect it from melting

- - - Updated - - -

i was just wondering how big a chance of it melting is under load.

Basically no chance because SeaSonic actually knows how to build a PSU with proper over current and over voltage protection.

In another thread I read that some seasonic psu's said they had multiple rails but only had 1, is it true for this one because its a really good deal and perfect with flat cables.

Hello,

Thank you for your message.
The S12II-520, as you can see on our website (specification tab), got 2 rails +12V. The PSU got all the protection to avoid any problem.
If you have any other question, you can contact us anytime.

Thank you.
Best Regards,

Fire hazard? lol Maybe with the lowest-quality power supplies plugged into the worst power lines.

Multiple +12v rails was a thing for a short while. The vast majority of PSUs are back to a single rail and have been for years. They use the +12v rail with DC-to-DC conversion for the +3.3v and +5v rails.

There is no more fire hazard with these than with a radio or television or lamp or phone charger.

Back