• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alphacool Eisbecher 250mm reservoir leaking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for sharing this with us. That's unfortunate that it happened. Hope nothing was destroyed during the leak.

1 of my HDD seemed to jam up, 2 others are still drying out including the 450€ helium filled 8tb one...

Will inspect the damages once everythings dried out, will be claiming for compensation from the retailer accordingly.

man that sucks! can you put one of the black plugs in the led hole and stop the leak? are they the same size? that is a terrible way to install the leds! it would have made so much more sense to simply use the normal metal plug and add the led to its top? ugh good luck drakhorn.

Yes the holes do fit a G1/4 thread so I inserted a metal cap on it and hasn't leaked now.

The plastic caps that came with the reservoir feel really brittle and cheap. I guess the res itself is fine but I would advice caution with those plastic screws.

Also 2/3 HDD's are in working order. I had to unscrew the pcb off from the 8tb drive and dry it out in a bag of rice before it agreed to power up. So only lost a 4 year old smallish HDD with no data lost so I got lucky I think.

Glad to hear you're up and running and great idea on the bag of rice.

Back