• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How old is your Swiftech MCP655?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dolk

I once overclocked an Intel
My Swiftech MCP655 was bought back in 2008 sometime. I'm not sure how its still working so well, especially since its been running CPU+GPU for ~4 years. It just keeps going and never stops being awesome.

Wish you included DDC pumps too. :p

Well regardless, I have been running my MCP-35Xs in serial for 5+ years now. They're almost on 24/7 or at least when I'm not asleep.

I have a 655 I bought to cool a s478 Pentium 4, which was sometime around 2006-2007. It was about a year before Core2Duo was released. It is now in the FX8320 system. I don't consistently run 24/7 which probably helps explain the longevity.

Hmm, me thinks my 655 is like 9 years old or so. I bought mine used from another member back in '07 or there abouts. Still works like a charm too. Retired it from active duty sometime in '09. Used it as a back up ever since when my other pumps failed. The 655 is still one reliable old friend :)

I should have opened it up to all the pumps, but honestly I only know of my god pump the MCP655. Who else makes amazing pumps?

My D5 (traded for, used) is a Corsair, with an MFR:09/04, no idea if that is a production date of some kind. Hasn't seen use in a bit. No idea how abused it's been over the years. 1489265232901.jpeg

Last edited:
Have about 5 years on these two, running dual pumps. And that's after i broke the speed adjustment knob not knowing better when i purchased. I just bought two more for the new ryzen rig, just because i figured refreshing would be good, i have the older ones for backup. I also have run vinegar in my loop at times, and had some issues bumping when filling with dual pumps, so they have been put through some "drier" moments. :p

Back