• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Folding build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Any reason you're going with 6800k? I figure if you'd want to make a GPU rig an i5 or something will serve fine to drive it, or if you're going for CPU PPD how about going with Ryzen or a used/QS Xeon from ebay?

Any reason you're going with 6800k? I figure if you'd want to make a GPU rig an i5 or something will serve fine to drive it, or if you're going for CPU PPD how about going with Ryzen or a used/QS Xeon from ebay?

It can have 3 x16 cards running at x16, not that I need that many (maybe :))

Ram and case ordered, now just need to order GPU, PSU, DVD drive, HDD, trackball (can't use a normal mouse well) and keyboard, I think that about does it :)

I'm curious. You said you could run 3x GPU's each at 16x but the CPU says it has 28 PCIe lanes. How does that work? I'm also curious of building a multi gpu setup.

I think he is going to be limited to 2 GPUs, or have GPUs folding at less that their expected output based on my experience.

If you look at the specs for the board, it will indeed run up to three slots at full x16. They are either adding lanes via chipset or are using a chipset that allows "switching" on the fly of available lanes.

Back