• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA Step up from 1080 to 1080ti?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mokrunka

Has anyone taken advantage of EVGA's step up program from the 1080 to the 1080Ti? Thinking about doing this since I just got my 1080 last month, but I'm liking the numbers on the Ti. Wondering if the ~$130 will be worth it...

Just registered mine as well... :D I think it'll prob cost about $130ish based on what I sold it for, depending whether they deduct the MIR. For about 30% improvement it doesn't seem like a bad deal.

I think so. You submit the step up form thing, they evaluate what you paid (they may take some $ off if there was a rebate available), and then you pay return shipping. They will ship you the card (I think) before you have to return yours so that you don't have to be without one. just a heads up though, there is a 90 day effective period for the program. If you bought your card more than 90 days ago, it won't be valid. So if you're close, hurry up and do it!

I have 58 days left. I want to try and get a custom loop ordered first. Im having trouble finding all of the parts I want from EK at retailers here in the US. EK wants 175.00 tax on my order. Thats a little hard to swallow!

I have 58 days left. I want to try and get a custom loop ordered first. Im having trouble finding all of the parts I want from EK at retailers here in the US. EK wants 175.00 tax on my order. Thats a little hard to swallow!

PPCS, Aquatuning or FrozenCPU. I know people are still lit up about what happened at Frozen, but I've ordered a few things here and there over the last few months and haven't had any issues.

PPCS, Aquatuning or FrozenCPU. I know people are still lit up about what happened at Frozen, but I've ordered a few things here and there over the last few months and haven't had any issues.

So went back and logged into EK to get my cart contents and piece the kit together, and all of the sudden the 175.00 tax that they were trying to charge me earlier didnt show up. So I hurried up and ordered it all through them. Just need a drain valve now and Ill be putting a custom loop in this thing. I also started the upgrade process, but since they are backordered we will see how long it takes before they have stock again. :)

Nice sounding build guys! When I uploaded my invoice, it showed the other EVGA parts I had registered, and my old 580 Hydrocoppers showed up. Ahh, the good old days. Maybe I'll get back to WC'ing one day... :D

Back