• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Graphical PPD and comparison

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChristianFAH

Registered
I was always interested how other donors hardware for certain projects are preforming. You maybe too.
Therefore I created a database and a front end to visualize the PPD graph adding hardware/TPF data from the community. Thanks to those donors already provided some log files earlier.

Here now a first public (beta) version: http://ppd.fahmm.net

Give it a shot and try. I still expect some issues with usability as I don't have many different browser installed or lack of certain OS. Feedback of issues is always welcome.

But even more: I would need to ask your help and provide me your log files to collect the required information. Old files, lot files, few files. CPU, GPU, different OS. Whatever you can share is highly appreciated. I have a write-only Dropbox link on the page above you could use to upload. For the time being this is a manual process ; but I'm working on a write-only sFTP setup allowing a script-based upload in a more automatic manner and other client tools.

As for privacy: with the transfer of your log file your share with me your donor name, team affiliation, used hardware and OS etc. whatever is in the log file. The good thing is: your passkey remain safe as it is masked in the logs and no personal email address exists in the files.

I put all those data into a database and get a summarized/anonymous dataset out and place it as JSON on the server to visualize.

Keep folding (and start sharing your logs) :D

Thanks in advance
Christian

I was a bit confused on how to use it. What does "preffered" mean here? How do you add your information exactly? Finally, how do you zoom in to read the tiny text on the graph?

"Preferred" is the time until when the Quick return bouns is effective; from there to deadline is only base credit. Might be a result of different used terminology, let me check that once more.

Adding your own information goes via upload to the write-only DropBox https://www.dropbox.com/request/5rabRYbsGm2jmOq0xDoB
From there a script on the backend server will import into the database.

As for the font size, let me try to increase a bit. As I'm most time on iOS devices zoon is just a pinch away. But thanks for sharing it appears too small.

That orange kills my eyes pretty quick.

Don't want to make you blind ... :cool:
What color suggestion you would have ... Maybe can add a color switcher. Space grey ? Rose Gold ? English racing green ?

by chance any log from your 4P for me, looks yummy

... Finally, how do you zoom in to read the tiny text on the graph?

I too have a problem reading the text. Otherwise, I really like it. I tried the ctrl - wheel up and the text on the graph stayed the same size.

- - - Updated - - -

I can send you my log files from several systems in my farm. I don't have as many as I did but I can send you all that you want.

Guys, have another look. Change the selection of hardware for CPU and GPU and increase the font size ; hope you can read it better now.

Don't want to make you blind ... :cool:
What color suggestion you would have ... Maybe can add a color switcher. Space grey ? Rose Gold ? English racing green ?

by chance any log from your 4P for me, looks yummy

its BRITISH racing green. Evidently us brits are the only ones that know this important detail. It looks best on an Aston martin or a Jaguar anything else just isn't proper.

its BRITISH racing green. Evidently us brits are the only ones that know this important detail. It looks best on an Aston martin or a Jaguar anything else just isn't proper.

I had it once on an Audi TT Roadster ... looked nice. It was the time I improved my English a bit not my British ;-)

Back