• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI A68HM Grenade - HELP!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Undertaker69

Hi guys

Ive bought this motherboard but had nothing but a trouble to start and work with it.

Current system:

Amd A6 6420K
Msi a68hm grenade
Corsair 4 gb ddr3 1600mhz
500hdd
350w psu

First problem:

Installing in old case caused some problems but eventually got fixed itself
After few reboots, system start working properly

Second problem:

New case (bitfenix mitx and yes, i managed to squeze matx into mitx case)
Ive connected all cables, cleared cmos few times, changed cables that are connecting to hdd, mobo, 4 pin for cpu, sata cables.. etc...

What is happening?!

When I turn it on, it takes minute to boot up, another minute to come to windows logo and another minute to get into desktop.

Also, i was getting error :

(hdd wasnt connected as i wanted to test it without peripherals)

EFI shell version 2.45 (i think)
Map: cannot find required map name

So i was googling and it turns out that hdd has to be connected in case to boot it up. ok, no problem.. connected...
But again, problem with booting up takes ages...

Go into bios and make sure the hard drive with Winows on it is the first boot device. Also make sure "AHCI" is chosen as the SATA mode, not RAID or IDE or something else.

Bios is on Legacy and Uefi
Its new build beside hdd. Tested in other comp and works properly
Fresh windows instalation

Is that install of windows from another PC. Or did you start fresh with the APU ?

And the windows installer is not seeing the HDD? I guess I am confused on what is going on. I'd like to help, but not knowing what is going on is not helping me provide assistance.
I dont think that problem is with hdd but rather to bios as the "connection" between hdd and bios is delayed.

I can install windows on hdd but the problem occurs when you turn on pc.

It takes ages to show post before it continue to boot from hdd.

Also, ive changed battery on mobo

Have you tried a different SATA port and are you using #1 also have you tried switching the cable?

Have you tried a different SATA port and are you using #1 also have you tried switching the cable?
Tried all 4 connections, tried with different cables and same thing...

Its weird as it was working in previous case...

Doubt that case is a problem as motherboard was out of new case when i test it...

Only thing left is to try another drive but it could simply be that motherboard takes a lot of time to post. Some are just like that.

There is no data on hdd...

There used to be win 7 on it

No data but if the drive was formatted in GPT at one time it cannot be used as an OS drive until you reformat it as an MBR disk. Newer versions of Windows like to format storage drives as GPT so if it was previously used that way . . .

No data but if the drive was formatted in GPT at one time it cannot be used as an OS drive until you reformat it as an MBR disk. Newer versions of Windows like to format storage drives as GPT so if it was previously used that way . . .
Not true. GPT disks can be bootable, but the installation media MUST support EFI installations and a boot EFI partition should exist afterwords.

Back