• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New PC or Upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noname2020x

I've been trying to get my hands on a new computer for months and my life has thrown me a few curveballs. Thanks to my tax return I can spare some cash. The question is, how exactly am I going to spend it?

I've been eyeballing a deal on an HP Pavilion 560-p015hvr for $650 with a coupon code.
Windows 10 Home
6th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-6400 Processor
8 GB DDR4 memory
128 SSD + 1 TB HDD storage
Radeon™ RX 480 Graphics Card by HPI

To be honest, my biggest reason for my desire to build a new computer is my worry that my parts are going to start crapping out on me soon. Some of my USB ports aren't working already. My computer isn't by any means "bad". I can still play most games and my processor is still better than most I'd snag new for cheap.

Otherwise, I'd be tempted to snag a 480 and call it a day.

Thoughts?

P.S. What do you think I could get for my current build?

Last edited:
I would just upgrade the Video card and try the USB drivers or new USB card. lots of life left in that Rig.

I would just upgrade the Video card and try the USB drivers or new USB card. lots of life left in that Rig.

I'll see if I can do a complete system cleanup and driver reinstall later this week.

Do you think I should get another GTX 770 and SLi or snag a 480?

USB 3.0 add in cards are cheap if in fact the USB onboard is failing.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll see if I can do a complete system cleanup and driver reinstall later this week.

Do you think I should get another GTX 770 and SLi or snag a 480?

RX 480. No brainer there. Best bang for the buck in video cards right now and has native DX12 support.

I have a EVGA 770 2gb, in case you had a 2gb card and wanted to go that route :)

That said, the RX480 8gb is ~ 50% faster than the 770. Runs everything I want at refresh rate(60 hz 1080p).

Back