• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen Video edit build (4K)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KTRF

Registered
Hi, looking at and thinking of a Ryzen 1700 build.

Its a 4K video edit & encoding system I'm after.

I was thinking along these lines.

Ryzen 1700

Asrock X370 Taichi AMD X370 DDR4 ATX Motherboard. (Socket AM4) (want to OC the 1700 but need it stable, no blue/black screen at all)

Fury Black 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300C15 2666MHz Dual Channel Kit.

MSI or EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 QUICK SILVER OC Graphics Card. Some of my software needs a GPU push :)
(I know EVGA had an overheating problem but cards bought now should have this sorted)

Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler or Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4CPU cooler.

I think I have most of everything else.

Your thoughts please :)

Thank you in advance.

What case? What power supply?
Go ahead and step up to some DDR4-3200 RAM.
The EVGA thing you reference was a non issue.
Cooler will depend on case.

What case? What power supply?
Go ahead and step up to some DDR4-3200 RAM.
The EVGA thing you reference was a non issue.
Cooler will depend on case.

I have a EVGA SuperNOVA 850 W G3 80 Plus Gold (new still in box)

Case, I'm not sure yet, I always had Lian-Li full towers but please advice here too.
I need it to hold 6/7 internal WD Black 1TB + my SSD system drive.

RAM, what brand would you recommend?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'd look at the normal NH-D15 over the S version, when choosing towers just make sure you'll have clearance for the heatsink.
There's a sticky in our case section put together and maintained by Blaylock, that should give you a good start.

I like G.SKILL for RAM typically.

I'd look at the normal NH-D15 over the S version, when choosing towers just make sure you'll have clearance for the heatsink.
There's a sticky in our case section put together and maintained by Blaylock, that should give you a good start.

I like G.SKILL for RAM typically.

Thanks ATMINSIDE for that advice.

With 7x 3.5 bays needed that's gonna be the deciding factor. Look into the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Fractal Designs ARC XL, or similar case.

With 7x 3.5 bays needed that's gonna be the deciding factor. Look into the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Fractal Designs ARC XL, or similar case.

Will do, I'll look that case up, thanks.

Back