• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II X4 945 C3 - OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4fiter

Hello all,
First of all I'm new here so once again HI!
Secondly, sorry for my english.
Now the reason I'm here - I'm new into OC and need some help to get more Mhz from my old Phenom.

pc specs:
msi 870-c45
phenom II x4 945 C3
4x2gb ddr3 1333mhz
gtx1050 2gb msi
chieftec gps-450AA-101 A
hdd 500gb
ssd 120gb
fera 3 he1224 v2

some pics:
nqPA8ZD.png
X01gJfC.jpg

At this point it's all stable and tested (20mins in OCCT and few days of playing games without BSOD). I have no knowledge about voltages, really don't know what is safe limit for CPU, NB etc. and didn't want to reach 1,5V. I think there is still space for some OC with these temperatures. What should be next step? Can you help me?
thanks in advance

Last edited:
it's me once again
updated screenshots with OCed CPU-NB freq:

P5XAmtz.png
rlzDbhP.png

I have no idea what to do with all these voltages. Please help :)

And I run some tests with Cinebench
all cores:
CPU 3,00 CPU-NB 2,00 = 304 cb score
CPU 3,80 CPU-NB 2,00 = 375 cb score
CPU 3,80 CPU-NB 2,53 = 385 cb score

single core:
CPU 3,00 CPU-NB 2,00 = 79 cb score
CPU 3,80 CPU-NB 2,00 = 99 cb score
CPU 3,80 CPU-NB 2,53 = 100 cb score

At 3.8 ghz you canot expect any more overclock from that CPU. From my experience with that CPU that's about it. Most people don't even get quite that much.

You still have headroom temperature wise but it may take some pretty big jumps in voltage to achieve 4.0. You can try and see if the chip will do it. 60-65c is about as hot as you'll want to go on a PII but some chips will start getting unstable around 55c.

Mine was fine at 70C 3,00 with old box cooler. I was afraid anyway and bought fera 3. Now I just dont't want to waste low temperatures :). What is safe voltage limit? Or is it just temperature limit? Should I change other voltages?

Mine was fine at 70C 3,00 with old box cooler. I was afraid anyway and bought fera 3. Now I just dont't want to waste low temperatures :). What is safe voltage limit? Or is it just temperature limit? Should I change other voltages?

This is the thing with Pheno;'sII: up to 3.8/3.9GHz, they "work" up to 70C+, but above that, you need to keep the temps below 55c, or will run into instability.

Okey, so what would you do in my shoes? Go for biggest cpu clock with for example 1,6V and only look at temperature (below 55C)? I'm just not sure about safe voltage, I read somewhere that over 1,5 is dangerous. I'm kinda stuck and don't know what to do next, is it even worth trying to get another extra 200-300 MHz? I'm confused, looking for advices from experienced users. thank you for your help

Since your NB is on auto voltage, drop the multiplier. Add some Memory voltage and or adjust for better timing set.

I'd help more in depth, but gotta run. In your case the memory is holding you back most likely. NB could use a bump in voltage if you wish to continue the OC with it. 300 bus clocks should be no problem. Your board would be the next hold back factor. (MSI)

GLHF

Back