• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA card for video editing and encoding.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KTRF

Registered
Hi I was looking for a EVGA 1070 card for 4K video editing / encoding.
I need CUDA acceleration.
Any thoughts and thanks.

I'm not sure what your question is, are you looking for recommendation of an exact model number? A 1070 is a 1070, you will be paying for a different cooler or stock overclock (and possibly a different VRM section). I'd just get one with the ACX cooler and call it a day.

I'm not sure what your question is, are you looking for recommendation of an exact model number? A 1070 is a 1070, you will be paying for a different cooler or stock overclock (and possibly a different VRM section). I'd just get one with the ACX cooler and call it a day.

Hi sorry about that, my mistake, wrote it in a rush :)
I don't know anything about graphic cards other than the fact I need something 1060 or higher because some of my software works best with CUDA acceleration :)
I'm after a 1070 card but not sure what brand might be best for me, whether it be EVDA, Asus, MSI...
For some odd reason I think I prefer EVGA :) but would like to hear what you guys think in terms of best graphic card for video editing :)

Thanks in advance.

I'm after a 1070 card but not sure what brand might be best for me, whether it be EVDA, Asus, MSI...
For some odd reason I think I prefer EVGA :) but would like to hear what you guys think in terms of best graphic card for video editing :)
Thanks in advance.

As Janus stated, all the GTX 1070 will handle your editing pretty much the same. If you're looking for something with a factory overclock or a certain look/color, then go with one of those cards. The EVGA is pretty popular, and they have great warranty support so you won't be disappointed with them. EVGA has many options in the GTX 1070 line-up, any of them would be a great option: EVGA GTX 1070

As Janus stated, all the GTX 1070 will handle your editing pretty much the same. If you're looking for something with a factory overclock or a certain look/color, then go with one of those cards. The EVGA is pretty popular, and they have great warranty support so you won't be disappointed with them. EVGA has many options in the GTX 1070 line-up, any of them would be a great option: EVGA GTX 1070

Thanks Jeff, factory OC sounds good but would that type be a bit more expensive?
The colour and look don't bother me, just want a stable card.
So, any of the cheaper EVGA cards in the range would be OK.

Thanks for the link.

Thanks all.

Last edited:
I thought the GPU makes a small difference when it comes to encoding. I thought the CPU does the majority of work, so would a 1070 even be necessary? Could OP save some money and go with a 1060 or 1050ti and spend the money on a better cpu with better encoding results?

I thought the GPU makes a small difference when it comes to encoding. I thought the CPU does the majority of work, so would a 1070 even be necessary? Could OP save some money and go with a 1060 or 1050ti and spend the money on a better cpu with better encoding results?

Thanks for the advice Dpg3456, turns out I got a good deal on a EVGA GTX 1070 Founders Edition.

- - - Updated - - -

any of them would be a great option

Thank you Jeff, I got a good deal on a nearly new EVGA GTX 1070 Founders Edition card, so thanks for that advice too.

That depends on the program and what type of encoding is being done.

H.264 typically responds very well to new NVIDIA cards due to their built in functionality for encoding H.264 and H.265

I'm in the same situation (video rendering with Adobe Premier) and looking at the same card (gtx1070). There are a ton of these available at Newegg. Is there any likelihood of a significant price drop to make it worth a wait?

I'm in the same situation (video rendering with Adobe Premier) and looking at the same card (gtx1070). There are a ton of these available at Newegg. Is there any likelihood of a significant price drop to make it worth a wait?
None that I know of.

Back