• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build issue - ASUS X99-a-II and G Skill Ram not showing 32gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tmconcepts

Its been so many years since I have posted here I had to open a new account, I have always been able to search and fix my problems over the years but I am striking out this time.

Problem: I have a new ASUS X99-A-II Mobo, I7-6800 and 32GB G Skill Rip Jaw DDR4 3200 (4X8) and Bios always shows DIMM B1 as empty. I have moved all sticks around and all are good, B1 just wont see it in BIOS. Windows 10 also shows only 24gb of ram. However when you load windows (W10 Pro) and open CPUZ, it will show all 4 sticks but sometimes it shows Triple channel and sometimes Quad channel. Even when it shows Quad channel Windows always registers 24GB.

I have enabled XMP profile, and disabled. Manually set DRAM voltage to 1.30-1.35 and still no luck. I let ASUS run its own settings for over clock. I just have no luck showing all 32GB. I checked the support list and the ram in my configuration is compatible. I will update the BIOS tonight when I get home to 1501, currently on 0801 and see if that does it.

Im stumped. Should I buy some different RAM and give it a go if the BIOS update does not work. I always use G Skill Ram and have never had an issue.

Thoughts?

Thanks

2.JPG 1.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG

list of things you can check:
1. check if memory slots and memory pins are clean
2. switch memory sticks in slots
3. set a bit higher VCCSA voltage
4. check if all is working fine at 2133, if yes then set higher frequency and check when one memory stick won't be visible in windows, then add some more VCCSA and check if it helps
5. check if there is any newer BIOS for your motherboard
6. check if every memory stick is acting the same or it's only matter of memory slot
7. can check cpu pads and reseat cpu just to be sure there is good contact in socket

It's quite common issue on this platform so you just have to find good settings.

list of things you can check:
1. check if memory slots and memory pins are clean - ALREADY DONE
2. switch memory sticks in slots - ALREADY DONE
3. set a bit higher VCCSA voltage - ALREADY DONE
4. check if all is working fine at 2133, if yes then set higher frequency and check when one memory stick won't be visible in windows, then add some more VCCSA and check if it helps - WILL TRY
5. check if there is any newer BIOS for your motherboard - THERE IS AND WILL UPDATE FIRST THIS EVENING
6. check if every memory stick is acting the same or it's only matter of memory slot - SEEMS LIKE JUST THE SLOT BUT I WILL TEST MORE OPTIONS IS BIOS WILL NOT FIX
7. can check cpu pads and reseat cpu just to be sure there is good contact in socket - DID NOT THINK OF THAT, THANKS

It's quite common issue on this platform so you just have to find good settings.

Thanks for the suggestions

Back