• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worth the wait for AIB 1080 ti? Card will be under water, not going cold.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My HOF has no stickers over anything. But these cards were (over)built to go cold if you want to. Putting a button on the outside of the card to OC it just screams "crank it up! to me, anyway. LOL In fact I noticed they have a BIOS update available on their website. I wonder if the Limited Edition BIOS would work on the regular HOF cards? The only difference I can see is higher stock clocks on the Limited BIOS. Hmmmmmm... :clap:

Last edited:
Just got reply from Polish Gigabyte support. The said that removing cooler will void the warranty. Not even word about stickers. For me the only good choice is EVGA right now.

My Gigabyte GTX1070 has no stickers too but looks like most new cards have it now. EVGA GTX1050 which I bought for someone at work had stickers and lower Gigabyte ( R5 230 or something ) had them too.
When last time I was asking ASUS about stickers then they said about the same as EVGA now so if card has no stickers and is not damaged in physical way like scratches or missing components then there is still warranty. However I heard that some users had problems with RMA recently ( about a month ago ) so I'm just not sure. I guess it depends on country and support center which is fixing it.
I just think that GTX1080Ti ( or even lower series ) is too expensive to lose warranty because of changing cooler.

Back