• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5Q pro turbo ram problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I dont have that optimize key. Only load default

- - - Updated - - -

I just tryed the ram in a m2n amd board and work perfectly

A "modded" CPU caught my attention. Was this motherboard and CPU combo working before you installed the Samsung RAM?

Yes it was working good. I put a xeon x5470 socket 771 in a p5q pro turbo socket 775 motherboard

Purchasing RAM in that DDR2 LGA 775 era could be problematic. There were issues with single sided/double sided. Some RAM was AMD compatible only. Usually, incompatible RAM will not boot at all.

If its not compatible ram i should not be able to go in bios. Am i right?

- - - Updated - - -

I know its an old board loll but its good for overclocking. Not enought money to spent on a brand new one

So anyone knows what are the good setting to make my ram working in my board?

have you updated your bios? you may also try googling the issue. there are a ton of p5q pro turbo ram threads that may help. gl

Yes i did already search on gooooogle tryed different setting and still not work. As i see high density ram is for amd only cuz it work perfectly in a amd board. Would be nice if i can get it to work in my intel board.

If anyone know about the setting i need or more info about the high density memory please let me know. Im always yes to learn ;)

It's possible but the fact that you're making it through post to windows makes me thing otherwise

Thats what i still think too and the ram serial number is on the QVL (qualified vendor list) of my p5q pro turbo motherboard. And on my mobo list it says the same setting as on the ram sticker that is 6-6-6-18... 1.8v 4gb memory/stick. And i can boot with my cd with ubcd on it. I can fully load parted magic as well with no probleme at all and fast loading. But windows is different. I use windows 7 ultimate x64. maybe there is something about the maximum ram we can use with windows 7 x64 ultimate? I really dont rhink so as i know. But maybe im wrong? Thank you guys or/and girls for your help. And sorry for the time to respond still working on my computeur to mod my tower and make something unique and kool.so was in pieces lolll

EDIT:
Oh and with memtest it freeze up at 36% with one stick and 23% with anymore of them. 2...3 or 4 stick... And run perfectly in my amd asus m2n... :sly:

Or maybe anyone know what is the memory ram fsb clock? I cant find it on google. Most all spec but this one lolll -_- my motherboard is 1333 fsb clock maybe this ram is over 1333 ?

EDIT:
Ok i found the ram fsb its 400 mhz so its good for this.

Last edited:
i think Johan hit it on the head when he said to increase the memory voltage. so put your old known working memory back in the mb. make sure it boots normally. if it does restart and go into the bios. set the memory voltage to the samsung voltage. your chipset will likely set the timings loose for compatability so dont try to change those yet. save the new settings and reboot. hopefully that will do it for you. i would also suggest you try to find a memory guide to read and get used to making changes to the bios.

Back