• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5Q pro turbo ram problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sergiooi

Registered
Hi. Im new here and i search a lot here and there but found nothing helpfull for my problem.
So here it is, i brought 4x4 gb samsung ram for my p5q pro turbo with a modded xeon x5470 cpu but when windows load, the pc freeze on "windows is loading" and cant do nothing but reset or power off the pc. I was using 1x2gb ans 2x1gb before and the pc was runing number one. The ram i brought is samsung m378t5263az3-cf7 and it IS on the QVL (qualified vendor list) of my motherboard so i just dont know what is the problem and found nothing about it.

- - - Updated - - -

I need to mention that is freezing even with only one ram installed and is the same with all 4.

Did you clear the CMOS before installing the new ram or at least set defaults in BIOS ?

1st time i didnt clear cmos. But was nt working so i loaded default and still wont work. I need to configure it manually i think like timing, voltage, etc. But im a total newbie in this kind of bios things.

There should be a jumper near the bottom of the board for resetting /clearing the BIOS. I would try doing that first. Power down and unplug the PSU then set the jumper for ~ 30 seconds to a minute. Then return the jumper to the original position and power up.

And now the pc is keeping restarting at the windows loading or ask me for startup repair tool or start normally. I choose normal it reboot at windows loading and if i choose repair tool. Windows is loading file and the at the windows loading bar screen i got a blue screen

OK go into BIOS and try setting the ram voltage to 1.85. This might take some tinkering to get things going

Is it possible that my intel xeon x5470 is not compatible with this kind of ram? Some said that is high density ram

- - - Updated - - -

I did what you ask and i got no screen

It's possible but the fact that you're making it through post to windows makes me thing otherwise

- - - Updated - - -

Is it possible that my intel xeon x5470 is not compatible with this kind of ram? Some said that is high density ram

- - - Updated - - -

I did what you ask and i got no screen

That's odd. a small raise in ram volts shouldn't do that. Doe the ram have a voltage rating on the sticker? I assumed it was 1.8

Anything I can find says 1.8v DRAM. Have you got back into BIOS yet? If not then you'll need to clear the CMOS again

I got a blue screen
"Irq-not-less-or-equal"

- - - Updated - - -

Im back in bios now

I can boot with ubcd without any troubles so i dod a memtest and is it normal that it freeze up a 38%? The pc wont do anything even if i press esc. Numlock is not responding too so its freezed.

No it's not normal, not necessarily the ram's fault. You have stuffed 4x4GB sticks in that machine which is a tough nut for the memory controller. At least that's what I'm thinking.
Restart the PC and go to NB voltage in BIOS and set it to 1.4

OK take out sticks 1 and 3 and try again. Maybe less ram will help. Does the BIOS show you the timings? should be 6-6-6-18

Ok ill try that but i tryed already with only one stick one by one and its doing the same. And no the timing default is set to 5-5-5-15 and on the sticker it says 6-6-6-12 and its freeze too. Ima try your serting

try 6-6-6-18 that should be the right setting, check the names in BIOS they aren't always in the right order. I'm out most likely for the day. Hopefully someone else can pop in here in my absence

The names of what? I tryed theese setting and its not working with 1 and 3 dimm in. Tryed with only one and nothing too....

1489519191552-2048173979.jpg
14895192627651823235828.jpg
1489519342292-2020927495.jpg
Here is my bios settings and thanx a lot for the help. Need to say that its still work when i put my old 1x2gb ram stick and 2x1gb ram stick. Work number one

Pull out all but one stick of RAM and then go into bios. Hit the hotkey to load "Optimized Defaults." Usually F5, F7 or F9.

Back