• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

another fx9590 instability related issue!! help! plz :p

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

S0lv3ntFl3X

Registered
hi all, im new here. as you can guess i have an fx9590 related issue. nomatter what i do i cannot seem to stabilise this bad boy chip. its been 8 months since i bought it along with some other components yet nothing works. p95 instantly crashes running blend or any test. occt crashes within 1-30 seconds even running small data sets. i managed to get it semi stable. by this i mean that occt and p95 still crash the entire system (hard restart required) but atleast i can play most games on it. by most i mean games such as call of duty games etc. as soon as i run cpu intensive games such as hitman2016, the division, wildlands beta (most recent) and a few others it will lock up. sometimes it wont lock at all but sometimes it can be in under an hour or even 8 hours later. i have tried many, many suggestions from posts read online. i have a profile saved that seemed pretty stable recently running p95 and occt but the temps spiked super high. my specs are

fx9590
crosshair v formula z
32gb dominator platinum (4x8gb)
rx480 8gb strix
rm1000 psu
h100i v2 cooler
thermaltake core v31 case.

3x 120af fans in the front.
1x 120af rear.
rad is at the top exhausting air with fans on underside pushing through the rad.

i know it isnt gpu related as i swapped out my r9390x 8gb when i received my rx480 on its launch day and problems were there when i had the previous card.

i am seriously at a loss and it is bugging me stupidly.
currently i am typing this after clearing cmos and loading optimised defaults but turning turbo off as turbo seemed to cause the pc to hang immediately when i opened chrome or anything else. thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully someone can help me sort this out :)

Last edited:
What temps are you getting in Windows? At idle and under various load levels? Have you tried downclocking/underclocking/undervolting the CPU? Have you run memtest86 to make sure that memory isn't having an issue? Could also be a PSU problem, unlikely but possible.

Running the latest bios on the motherboard?

mobo came with the latest bios. cannot run memtest as no flash drive to use for it. did have it on dvd but cannot locate. temps were 30c idle a few days ago but seems to idle around 34-37 cedtigrade now due to my window being locked as the lock broke and the room being small means the rooms ambient temp rises with the pc's temp.

I never manage to run any kind of stress.. immediate lockup when I do. For instance I'm playing rainbow six seige now. Ultra preset 1440p. Cpu temp is 59c and will probably climb a little. Not sure.

so max recorded temp playing rainbow six seige then was 64c. bobing between 63/64c. i know thats pretty high but surely p95 cant reach silly temps in a split second locking the entire computer?

what are you using to monitor temps?
can you monitor vcore? if so, what is it?

ai suite read the motherboard.
in hw monitor, further down it lists a temp as package or 9590, what does that show?

oc3d image.png

ive opened all for comparison. tbh i always beleived that package was the actual cpu temp which tbh is usually very good under cpu intensive games. but what ai suite and link shows as cpu temp goes pretty high.

that, we refer to as "socket temp" 72 is a good limit for that.
I am on a mobile right now, I will look at your post is a couple of hours when I can see it.
I'm old and the screen is so dang small.

yeah sorry about the screen. oddly i have a 36" monitor with a smaller 19"below it and they are both the same resolution but the bigger one shows the smaller side of the screenshot :/ haha. ive seen that socket temp rise as high as 79-85 before but that was with a custom profile i made in bios bypassing all c6/c1 amp etc with hpc on and llc set super high. it worked with p95 (but reacvvhed thermal and shut down within a few seconds) and also worked with occt small data sets but i shut it off after around 1 and a half minutes due to the temps scaring me.

ok let's start please.
please go into bios and set a 4.0 clock.
lower the vcore to 1.40 or there abouts.

that's all fine, leave everything else as is, I want to make the cpu run first, gotta crawl before you walk.

ok will go bios and set manually a 4.0ghz clock and change volts. im assuming you mean alter multi not bus :)

- - - Updated - - -

20.0 multi set. 1.4000 v core set too. Want me to run p95?

Back