• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen no post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ikpthegame

So just got my 1700 and asrock fatal1ty x370 gaming k4 installed. And when I try to turn it on, nothing happens. I checked all my wiring and the power button in on the right header. The board glows when it's got power b4 turning it on. I hit the power button and nothing, no fans going not a thing. Can a bad cpu cause this? Or am I missing something? And yes I've tried removing components and still nothing.

Yes it says that in my post, I also tried to jump it by using a screw driver on the pins, and nothing.

Edit:
I should also say that like a dumbass I dropped the cpu and broke off 2 pins. So I'm thinking that's the issue.

Last edited:
Yeah, that sounds like the problem. Try stripping some solid wire pieces a tad longer than a CPU pine and insert them in the socket holes for the missing pins. With some trial and error, you should be able to get the correct height to make contact with the CPU and HS/Fan installed.

So just to make sure b4 I test that can cause it to not even turn the fans on?

Yeah, that sounds like the problem. Try stripping some solid wire pieces a tad longer than a CPU pine and insert them in the socket holes for the missing pins. With some trial and error, you should be able to get the correct height to make contact with the CPU and HS/Fan installed.

Never tried it but I have head copper wire from an ethernet cable are ideal for this.

If you just got it then I would personally take it back. Microcenter for one will let you return it even if you did drop it and break a pin.

As for amazon I am sure they would also let you return it, newegg on the other hand probably wouldn't.

Anyways that would be my first recommendation. It is new so try to return it, most stores expect to have a few damaged during installation and will just send it back defective to intel anyways. Give it a shot, the worst they can tell you is no.

Yeah so now I feel really stupid, turns out the cpu wasn't even seated in the socket. Now to install windows

I guess you don't need all the pins to run, but I'm sure it will suffer in some way.

Where did you purchase it from? Why not return it now for one you know is 100% while the return window is still good. Keeping a CPU with missing pins seems a bad choice when the option to return it in the next few days should be pretty painless.

Oh please don't do this. Please don't ever try this at home, and yes ALL PINS ARE REQUIRED. OP probably got lucky and knocked off a couple PWR/GND pins or some such. If OP were to put something in the socket and it doesn't align correctly he can lose more than just the CPU. If the Pins OP knocked off are actual data pins, he could cause ESD issues if the wire does not connect correctly. It all depends on what pins OP knocked off.

Its a high risk and low reward. You may get the CPU to work properly for awhile but eventually it will crap out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with dolk. Rma it to avoid issues later. You spent all that money on a new setup so protect it by replacing the bad chip now while you can

I'll be bringing it back to microcenter here in a bit, just got off the phone with corsair and they said the fan controller in my h110i is bad, so gotta bring that back also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back