Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro for gaming + soud blaster omni

Hello I am looking forward to replace my current headphones, hyperx cloud core, with a DT 770 pro 250 ohm . I use the headphones mostly for gaming, cs go, but also for listening to music. I already own a soudblaster omni usb external soudcard. I wonder if this soundcard is enough to push the DT770 or I will need a amplifier as well?
    One more question, has anyone tryed those two headphones I wonder if the DT 770 pro do have a better acoustic isolation then the cloud core. Does anyone know that? I want to listen as few external noises (wife's tv) as possible during gaming.
    Thank you for your help!!

Benching Team Leader
    Buckeye Moderator
    10 Year Badge
    Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    From a quick google search it looks to have a 600 ohm amp built into the device assuming this is yours: https://smile.amazon.com/Creative-Pe.../dp/B00EZT7RE4

I imagine there will be improved sound quality moving from a gaming headset to a dedicated set of headphones, if you have ears that can tell the difference (not everyone does), now one thing to note is that the Beyerdynamic's don't have a microphone so you will have to find/supply one yourself if you use that feature. I would also look at some reviews and make sure that it has the right sound profile that you want to have (flat, V shaped, and so forth) as different headphones have more highs/lows/mids and different people like different sound profiles from their music/movies/games (for example, I believe highs are important for footsteps if you need to listen to those)

I've tested the Beyerdynamic MMX300 headphones and loved them, the clamp was a little tight, but they ended up comfortable and the sound was excellent. I have no idea on the sound isolation. One negative that you will find is that without leather cups there will be a bit more sound coming through than with the velour ear cups (at least from my testing/reviews that I've done), but the velour is so much more comfortable and doesn't lead to sweat build up.

Note: I have never used the cloud core/any hyperx headphones.
    Haswell Benching and Gaming: ASRock Z87 OC Formula : Intel i7 4770k w/ Phanteks PH-TC14 : 16GB 4x4GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2666 : MSI GTX 1080 Gaming Z
    Other Components: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD : 2TB Hitachi 7200rpm : Seasonic Platinum 1000W : 3x1440p: Asus MG279q, Auria EQ276W, Crossover P27Q

Folding User Stats

I have the 770's

Loving them, not sure if that built in amp will push them or not
    I am using the NAD - D 3020 Amp , it is a a rocking combination

10 Year Badge
    I actually used the 80 Ohm 770s as travel cans. For sound isolation, they're kind of a mid-tier set. I've used cans with worse isolation (mainly open sets) but there are also a lot better headsets out there.

I haven't used the 250 ohm variant - FWIW supposedly the 80 ohm 770s have slightly better bass response, the 250 ohm 770s have slightly better treble response, haven't tested myself - but the 80 ohm variant is "do-able" unamped, but barely. If what Janus posted is correct, you should be good. But if your soundcard doesn't, a small external amp would help.
    Main: MOBO: Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 CPU: i7 6700k w/ Scythe Ninja 4 and 2x Noctua NF-F12s, RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz , GFX: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0, PSU: Seasonic X-850, CASE: Corsair 500R, HDD: 256gb Samsung SM951, WD 4TB Black
    Audio - DAC: Modi 2 Multibit - Amps: Magni 2, Yamaha R-S202BL - Headphones: Hifiman HE400i, Beyerdynamic Dt990 & Dt770, Phillips SHP9500 - Speakers: Klipsch KB-15, Monoprice 8248
    Laptop: MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 044 config

Project 1UP
    Bored of games? Nothing good on internet radio or youtube? Dont waste your GHz, find them before they find us. SETI