• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there such a thing as a working wireless mouse?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MarkS

I've had it with my Logitech M510! The unifying receiver can be blocked by a piece of paper (NO JOKE!), MUST have line of sight to the mouse and USB 3 ports cause interference. I do not like wired mice, but I'm about to run down to Walmart to get one for the time being. I've Googled how to resolve this too many times and have tried everything I can find without any luck.

Does ANYONE make a good wireless mouse that works with USB 3 and DOESN'T need line of sight? Don't mention Logitech anything. Please. I'm done with them. I'm not worried about price. I just want one that works.

Logitech G900 perhaps? Yes, I said Logitech, but see
before you dismiss this. I have no experience of the mouse myself.

I don't buy that review at all. The problem is with Logitech's Unifying Receiver and interference from sources other than wi-fi. One of its biggest failings is when the motherboard has USB 3. That wasn't tested in that video. Still, I took a look at the mouse over on NewEgg and it is wired/wireless. That's interesting.

I can say stay away from the older Razer MOBA wireless too. Haven't been wireless since though it would be nice.

One of its biggest failings is when the motherboard has USB 3.

Do you mean using a USB 3 port or just a mobo that has the ports at all?

FWIW I have a keyboard and mouse using the Unifying Receiver and have 0 problems. In fact I tested to exhaustion when it was new because I could not believe it worked so well. No problems with distance or obstructions. Maybe your unit is faulty? I got mine straight from the company because the dongle was missing from an unopened keyboard, so maybe I got an awesome one.

I don't buy that review at all.

You don't have to.

Tom's Guide

10/10
With perfect wireless features, a comfortable design and top-notch performance, the Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum is a superlative mouse.

Tweaktown

While you could wait around for someone else to try to deliver this level of design and performance, the reality is that nobody out there is copying Logitech designs, and while you may get most of the features, you will not get the feel, craftsmanship, or likely the same accuracy that this mouse delivers.

Trustedreviews

4.5/5
The Logitech G900 is the best gaming mouse I’ve ever used, and while £135 is a massive premium to pay, if you're after the best in class for gaming mice, you can't go wrong.

PCGamer

95/100
If and when the price comes down, it’ll be the best gaming mouse, period.

Techpowerup

9.5/10
Not everyone will want to drop $140 on a mouse, which is understandable; however, after having used one, I think I would go out and buy another tomorrow if I somehow broke this one.

...and on and on.

Has there ever been a higher rated mouse than the g900?

*edit Someone give MarkS his decennial badge. :)

Last edited:
I'm still trying to figure out why you plug your mouse into USB 3.0 in the first place?

Thats odd, I have been using an M510 just fine since my steelseries mouse broke. Receiver is behind the pc plugged into mobo and have had no single problems.

MarkS, maybe you just got a bad one. I've used many wireless mice and haven't had any problems with them, even the $10 ones from Walmart. I've had one or two go belly up over the years but that's about it.

Do you have Bluetooth? Just get a Bluetooth mouse - good for about 10m range and you don't need an additional receiver.

Two superb wireless mice I have owned:

-Logitech Anywhere MX: not great for gaming, but an awesome mouse for general use anywhere. Works on glass without a mousepad
-Razer Orochi(first gen one): battery powered Bluetooth (AA batteries) and a wire to plug it in for higher DPI/polling rates. Works for gaming when cabled. Does not charge batteries over the cable.

Back