• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Limit of my FX 6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just for the sake of devils advocacy, take a look at the image from post 9 again. You see how the fan is secured to the cooler fan with a zip tie on the bottom? I wonder something like that is possible from the top of your cooler fans? Its a coin toss as to whether the flow from a fan hooked there would get expelled from the exhaust fan before it reaches the VRM sink, but short of buying another smaller fan....

Is there any possibility of mounting a fan behind the socket of the mobo? Not sure if that has been mentioned in this particular thread but I see it recommended quite often for the FX lineup. Even if you cant strap one to the VRM, you might see some gain from the socket

Wanted to do zip tie thing but all have been used -_- just my luck... Yes I could possibly tie at least 3 sides of fan to another fans. I tried to screw it into heatsink but no luck no meater of angle or position plus only one hole fits... MAYBE smaller fan would fit but I am not sure. So I will go buy zip ties or another fan or both lol. Just found nice little fan 50mm Sythe 2500 rpm would fit perfectly on heatsink

Last edited:
What size fan did you try to attach? 50mm seems to be a good size for this sort of thing. If you have to wait a week for a part where you live then wait a week. The computer is at least functional in the meantime.

What size fan did you try to attach? 50mm seems to be a good size for this sort of thing. If you have to wait a week for a part where you live then wait a week. The computer is at least functional in the meantime.

It was 70mm I want it to fit onto heatsink with two screws not one, I don't want it to flap around like dong. 50mm would be perfectly fine, had one laying around on old GPU but now its in another PC so fck. Gona check tomorrow to see are there more of those laying around.

View attachment 189190

You call that weird black thing sticking out a heatsink ? looks like something a child would add because it "looks cool" :rofl: regardless, that it can't handle a 6300 at low OC speaks volumes about it's overclocking capabilities. OP has 2 choices at the moment, fan over the VRM's or get a new decent board if he is going to stick with this build and wants to overclock further.

https://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/gigabyte_ga_990x_gaming_sli_review,15.html - Not quite optimal for overclockers

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...-am3-ddr3-motherboard-mb-547-gi.html#comments - Whilst belting along on a pretty hefty OC, the heatsinks for the Mosfets get extremely hot. To the point that the cpu starts throttling back to around 1ghz while stress testing. Causing a fluctuation in fan speed and cpu load. I took the stock fan from the FX6300 retail heatsink and placed it over the heatsink supporting the cpu's power. Its running 100% atm but i need to extend the wiring so it reaches my system fan header.

You or someone else said they were bare naked. Obviously that is not the case.

It was 70mm I want it to fit onto heatsink with two screws not one, I don't want it to flap around like dong.

You can't see on the pic but it's actually held by 3 zip ties, so very much held in place :thup:

You or someone else said they were bare naked. Obviously that is not the case.

It was me, that didn't look anything like a heatsink on 1st quick look :p Might as well be barebones though, considering the **** poor job it's doing according to reviews and testimonials.

Cant see two others oh well gona try to find another fan anyway gona figure out something

Just for reference, i have my 6300 at 4.7ghz @ 1.488v. I have a different rig and setup. My temps havent gone pass 45c during OCCT testing.

Back