• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a new Case+AIO, NZXT Noctis 450, H440 or S340 Elite. Advice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeclaredSnow

Registered
Hey good people.-

SO yeah, I am still running in my first budget case. I have had a lot of fun experimenting with fans and destroying/ fixing half the HD Bay with duct tape, making room for my GPU. but I feel its time to move on.

I have a weird thing for snow, so I kind of like the clean look the color white gives, and I like what I have heard of the NZXT cases.

Now, I am going to jam a KRAKEN X62 in this as well and hoping for a Push pull setup. depends on the case if I am putting it in the front or top.

I will most likely remove all the fans and replace them with Noctua fans, or other decent WHITE/ BLUE LED fans, if I don't like the performance of the stock ones.

The cases I have narrowed down to are

NZXT- H440 New Edition Silent Ultra.
I like the design of this one, and the size, I still use 3.5 HD so the HD bay with drawers is handy, love the PSU Shroud and same with the fan hub, I am also curious about how good the sound isolation is on this one, and how good building space it actually has.

NZXT NOCTIS 450. This case is basically the same as the H440 on the inside. I like the stock blue LED light options, and I assume the elevated top and front could provide for more fan room in case of a push/ pull top mount. I do not like the window. on builds and pics I have seen, it looks a bit out of place.

NZXT S340 Elite. This new one looks awesome. of what I have seen it has some excellent cable management options, but I fear this one would be way to small for in ways of cooling, a full sized GPU, it limits me to only two 3.5 HD ( I could make that work, SSD is the future anyway ) but building in this small thing might drive me crazy, I like to open my pc a lot, and I change out parts all the time. I feel doing that in a small case like this, would just provide me for a lot of unneeded headache

taking advice on this, or if you know of a nice white case, let me know. I could spend around 200$ on the case.

Thanks!

Good Morning Snow!

The H440 case is an outstanding case and I haven't read any negative feedback to make me believe otherwise. I'm not familiar with how silent the case is but would assume it wouldn't be any worse that most quality cases.

If you like white fans I would recommend you look at the Noise Blocker eLoop fans. They are about as good as the Noctua's and would fit perfectly with your white theme. As far as lighting goes why not just go with some RGB strips. You can get them fairly cheap these days. I just picked up a set for i think $15.

Anyhow, lets get rid of that duct tape and move you into a real case LOL

Good Morning Snow!

The H440 case is an outstanding case and I haven't read any negative feedback to make me believe otherwise. I'm not familiar with how silent the case is but would assume it wouldn't be any worse that most quality cases.

If you like white fans I would recommend you look at the Noise Blocker eLoop fans. They are about as good as the Noctua's and would fit perfectly with your white theme. As far as lighting goes why not just go with some RGB strips. You can get them fairly cheap these days. I just picked up a set for i think $15.

Anyhow, lets get rid of that duct tape and move you into a real case LOL

Good Evening back to you sir Lock,

yeah I believe I will go with the H440, the sound dampening stuff ill take with a grain of salt anyway since silent operation and performance are two things that wont go well together anyway. and one could always provide more or remove isolation at a later point.

I will check out those noise blocker fans you mentioned.

I might go with RGB, it wont be pure white, but white with a hint of blue, but that's fine since I am doing a white-black-blue theme anyway.

any experience with a light control system? looking at the HUE+ from NZXT, but I am open to other options, since like to use several brands in my build, this would be the third NZXT product in one build, and without any sponsorship from them its a little much free advertising xD

Not yet. I have a Phanteks Luxe and an RGB kit on the way. I plan on using the Asus AURA with it but no experience yet.

I had the Noctis 450.

My system ran 10 C hotter in that case compared to my current Corsair Air 740

I had the Noctis 450.

My system ran 10 C hotter in that case compared to my current Corsair Air 740

troubling, especially since the 450 has more venting of that I have seen then the H440, that one has more sound dampening material then the 450 to, that also makes ventilation harder.

But, C ? 10C hotter then what? how many GPU`s, blower etc, watercooled, y/n, I see your hardware, but unsure if its that what you had in the case or not :)

troubling, especially since the 450 has more venting of that I have seen then the H440, that one has more sound dampening material then the 450 to, that also makes ventilation harder.

But, C ? 10C hotter then what? how many GPU`s, blower etc, watercooled, y/n, I see your hardware, but unsure if its that what you had in the case or not :)

All hardware is the same, and everything was cooled with AIO (even GPUs) with fans in push/pull on the radiators.

Everything dropped by 10 C...even the RAM temps...and all I did was change the case.

The front intake is very restrictive. There is a review a guy did online where he blew smoke into the case, and saw the smoke sitting "static" on the top left of the case...you can google that review as I can't find it on my phone.

I was frankly shocked that the temps dropped by that much (I have a post in these forums even stating this when I first put my Corsair Air together...before I started tweaking).

Back