• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody having severe issues with Amazon Prime?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TechWizard

I've been ordering a lot from Amazon for a long time now - my girlfriend and I pay yearly for Prime and 99% of all our items for the last several years have arrived within the 2 day guarantee - sometimes same day!

The last 5 packages over the last month have been anywhere between 3-5 days LATE - total of 5-7 shipping days. Totally unacceptable for items we can clearly see make it to facilities near by then take 4+ days to arrive at our residence as they are probably driven around day after day somewhere on a truck. The boxes have been smashed, half-way opened, and packed extremely poor. Even one of the packages I had shipped to a local UPS location instead of my residence was in poor condition and UPS had noted it arrived in such condition.

We've already been in constant contact with Customer Support and the only solution they appear to offer for the "inconvenience" is a 5 dollar gift card. Not to mention particularly with my last order CS has been lying to my girlfriend who has been contacting them. They have made several claims about where the package is and when it will arrive - then a few hours later the shipping information is updated saying something entirely different from what she was told.

At this rate I could careless about Prime and I'm going to have to resort to finding other vendors if this continues.

Anyone else experiencing the same kind of issues with Amazon currently or in the past?

Last edited:
I wasn't impressed with their shipping/delivery times the last few times I ordered something from them. I still have my Prime account mostly for streaming movies and such, and the occasional need for something somewhat faster than the usual methods. Outside vendors gave me the most problems with shipping so I tend to avoid them.

We also order a lot of stuff on Prime (probably 2 orders a week-ish), and haven't had any issues so far.

No issues thus far with Amazon. I still get my stuff by the guaranteed date. But, I have noticed that USPS priority mail has went from the usual 2 days, to 4 or 5. Not real happy with that.

Amazon may need new shipping partners from what you've posted. Has your USPS driver changed lately? Has anything changed in your local area regarding a USPS sorting center such as management? First thoughts. I've not had issues of any kind and have Prime as well. Recently had a shipment from New Hampshire to Texas which took 5 days from order date, was delivered by FedX ground, 113 lbs, perfect condition. That didn't seem too bad.

0 issues here, packages get delivered by either USPS or UPS, never had any problems with them missing dates. A couple boxes had a gash or something in them, but it was a box around a box of diapers or whatever so no biggy

i order a ton of stuff from there never have had an issue with shipping unless it was a non prime item. then it was just a day or so slow.

it sounds like you have a regional shipping center / local delivery guy that sucks. because its not amazon that is actually shipping these items... its the carrier, not primes fault.

i dread when anything from any service goes through tulsa USPS hub stuff tends to completely disappear there. at work we had 2 $6000 documents go poof there, ive had packages delayed several days there.

Last edited:
I cancelled my Prime a few months back for this exact issue. Sadly, my Amazon experience got even worse without Prime. With Prime, some packages were 5-7 days to deliver (some were same or next day too). Without Prime, I haven't had a single package arrive in under two weeks. So I had a choice to pay for poor service or not pay and get even worse service.
My last order came from Indianapolis (I live right on the border of WI and IL). It took the standard 4 days for Amazon to 'process' the order. Then it got shuttled between five different UPS locations over the course of four days. And finally it was handed off to USPS which took another two days. That's 10 business days to get an item that was 250 miles away.
So yeah, I'm not thrilled with Amazon.

Might be different system in UK, but Prime here is next day if you order early enough (7 days a week). They're sometimes late. If I raise a ticket they usually offer a month extension to Prime as compensation.

They use a mix of delivery methods, from standard post, to their own logistics company, which in reality is sub-contracted out to independent drivers. It can vary, but isn't bad.

Might be different system in UK, but Prime here is next day if you order early enough (7 days a week). They're sometimes late. If I raise a ticket they usually offer a month extension to Prime as compensation.

They use a mix of delivery methods, from standard post, to their own logistics company, which in reality is sub-contracted out to independent drivers. It can vary, but isn't bad.

the uk is also tiny in comparison to the usa it should be next day on anything there lol.

Finally got the package today - it came via a Amazon's shipping service - which I didn't even know existed until now. It was just some guy in a white box van lol.

They updated the shipping status with delay due to weather and then another delay due to arriving at the wrong shipping facility. They must be trying out something new for the Chicago area, I've never received a package from Amazon's own shipping service.

USPS around here does suck (I've got great videos of their employee's tossing my packages around and throwing them up our staircase into the storm door), but they usually don't miss the 2-day window. Not sure why they stopped using them as the main source of delivery recently.

Most of my deliveries are Amazon's delivery vans. Then again, they have a distribution center a couple miles from my house, which makes makes late deliveries that much more maddening. LOL

Finally got the package today - it came via a Amazon's shipping service - which I didn't even know existed until now. It was just some guy in a white box van lol.

They updated the shipping status with delay due to weather and then another delay due to arriving at the wrong shipping facility. They must be trying out something new for the Chicago area, I've never received a package from Amazon's own shipping service.

USPS around here does suck (I've got great videos of their employee's tossing my packages around and throwing them up our staircase into the storm door), but they usually don't miss the 2-day window. Not sure why they stopped using them as the main source of delivery recently.

If you want to see some really bizarre Amazon deliveries, place a few orders around a major holiday. I had a girl in her own car deliver a package, a guy in a plain white van deliver a package, a kid in an old pickup deliver one, etc, etc. I'm only 10 miles from the new building on 94 just over the WI border, I think they had some employees making deliveries in their personal vehicles when it got busy lol.

I use amazon prime. Sometimes i order something prime and it does take a while to show up, but then i go back and look at the vendor i ordered it from and see that even though the product i ordered was prime they show longer than 2 day shipping. Ie i just ordered a 2 way 4 wire pmw slitter, came from china took 2 weeks but it was prime...

Yeah I always watch what seller I am buying from - all my orders are from Amazon.com and not a third party.

Yeah I always watch what seller I am buying from - all my orders are from Amazon.com and not a third party.

Yup. The only times I generally see a lower price from a third party they charge for shipping (I have Prime, why would I pay extra for that?) and the delivery times are ridiculous.

Annnnd now my girlfriend went to use the gift cards and they are only available for use on "amazon promotional" items. She attempted to speak with several agents to see if they could change the gift cards, but they refuse regardless. They just apologize over and over despite explaining how messed up the situation is... I mean they missed their shipping guarantee on several items and their solution is to throw minuscule amounts of money at you that you can't even spend on over 80+% of the items on their website.

She wanted to buy this 3-pack of self tanner for 15 bucks, but to use the gift card she has to buy the single unit for 7.99 through Amazon AND it doesn't even have prime so the shipping says it would take 7+ days. :screwy:

I haven't had any problems personally and pretty much always get my shipment in 2 days. Just last week I bought a 45lb subwoofer which arrived in amazingly good shape and in 2 days. I though for sure it wasn't going to make it to me intact but it did.

When you say you buy from Amazon, do you mean the fulfillment? I feel that is by far more important than the seller.

To me, it sounds like a shipping service problem not an Amazon problem to me. I would call the local hub for whoever delivers to your house and make a complaint. For me it is usually UPS or USPS but I know some have Fedex/USPS.

the uk is also tiny in comparison to the usa it should be next day on anything there lol.

I'll have you know we have to shout a parcel recipient the opposite side of the island sometimes before we throw it over.
We use garden ants in the UK for standard delivery.

Back