• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody having severe issues with Amazon Prime?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
We order a lot of stuff from Amazon Prime.

We have no issues with delivery if the item is sourced from Amazon directly.

If the item is sourced through a 3rd party, there are delays. Usually at least 1 to 2 days for the 3rd party to process...and often the shipping is not as fast.

You have to look at the item to see if it's sourced by Amazon or another party.

I only buy from Amazon - never a 3rd party.

I just have to accept the fact that I live in epitome of 3rd world shipping and it is going to be inconsistent at times.

There has been an increased level of theft in the last 6 months in my neighborhood and I can't say they get the best applicants for hire at our local shipping companies.

I've had some problems with them as well, not with the actual shipping while an item is in transit, but Amazon simply getting it out of the door. Sometimes, yes, I'll place an order in the AM, it'll be shipped that afternoon, and I'll get it in two days. Other times, I'll d the same thing, order in the morning, but it'll still take ~2-3 days before it even gets on a truck.

No real pattern either. Recently ordered two mid size pacakges, my receiver and a winter jacket. Both similar sized boxes, the receiver got here in 2 days, the jacket 5. Same thing with smaller packages, a hat? about a day and a half, earbuds, 4 days.

And I don't order direct from 3rd party, it's all from Amazon or fulfilled by Amazon.

its the same for me as far as ship dates go. i ordered some amp cables on Sunday and they came on Tuesday. i also ordered some psu cables and they are supposed to be here today. both were prime and both from amazon alone...
on the other hand ive also ordered things from 3rd party stores and have yet to see poor ship times or any kind of poor experience tbh. on the contrary they are desperate for positive feedback and go out of their way to make sure your experience with them was flawless. two of the last three ive ordered from emailed me personally to make sure everything went well and essentially begged me for a good rating lol.
i just ordered a mb from a third party PERSON which is a first for me so well see how that turns out. ship date is the 12-27th

Last edited:
its the same for me as far as ship dates go. i ordered some amp cables on Sunday and they came on Tuesday. i also ordered some psu cables and they are supposed to be here today. both were prime and both from amazon alone...
on the other hand ive also ordered things from 3rd party stores and have yet to see poor ship times or any kind of poor experience tbh. on the contrary they are desperate for positive feedback and go out of their way to make sure your experience with them was flawless. two of the last three ive ordered from emailed me personally to make sure everything went well and essentially begged me for a good rating lol.
i just ordered a mb from a third party PERSON which is a first for me so well see how that turns out. ship date is the 12-27th

UPDATE- MB came on the 10th. Request for feedback came that evening. not too shabby, i saved a bundle and everything went smooth.

Last edited:
Last few deliveries have been totally sketchy - last few orders have been delivered by a guy in a rented Enterprise Van lol

No identifying logo or indication they are with a shipping company or Amazon.

I can only imagine how Amazon is sourcing these types of shippers.

Last few deliveries have been totally sketchy - last few orders have been delivered by a guy in a rented Enterprise Van lol

No identifying logo or indication they are with a shipping company or Amazon.

I can only imagine how Amazon is sourcing these types of shippers.

May have been from "Amazon Logistics". Yes, they started their own delivery service and don't seem to have standardized vehicles. When I was down in Maryland, the local driver would show up in a banged up Dodge Cailber, and I wish I was making that up.

May have been from "Amazon Logistics". Yes, they started their own delivery service and don't seem to have standardized vehicles. When I was down in Maryland, the local driver would show up in a banged up Dodge Cailber, and I wish I was making that up.

A ton of my deliveries are coming this way now that there is a warehouse down the road.
Which in itself is odd, because a LOT of my orders are now coming later - prime shipping is about 4-5 days for a lot of the stuff I ordered, or just straight up doesn't get packaged for 2-3 days before being send out with a 2 day shipping label.

The last thing I ordered was just some protein and a lanyard. The order page said it would be delivered by friday if I ordered within a few hours. It just sat at the facility and was finally packaged on Friday, and is due to arrive now (monday).
I have no idea if there is even a correlation between the "guaranteed delivery by" timer and when it actually is going to be delivered.

I have no idea if there is even a correlation between the "guaranteed delivery by" timer and when it actually is going to be delivered.

Don't know if amazon.com works same as amazon.co.uk but if the order says it will be delivered by some date which is then missed, complain to customer services. They usually either refund postage if I paid extra for it, or extend Prime if it was through that.

I would say that at least half of our prime orders dont make the 2 day delivery.
I called CS and asked what the guarantee was? they didnt really say much- so I asked if the only real guarantee was that I would be charged the $ 99/yr

I would say that at least half of our prime orders dont make the 2 day delivery.
I called CS and asked what the guarantee was? they didnt really say much- so I asked if the only real guarantee was that I would be charged the $ 99/yr

Sadly it's starting to seem that way. I grabbed a kindle and got into their "Prime Library" (where you can "borrow" a book a month), selection is real hit or miss, with most of the selection seeming to be cheaper novels that only cost $1-2 for the ebook version anyway.

Then I got into Prime Music, and they split off their own "Music" subscription service and cut back on the library available to Prime only members. Add in this, their 2-day service that turned into "well, 2 days from whenever we feel like sending it", and I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it, since I order just as much from Monoprice/Newegg/eBay these days.

Last edited:

Yep - low and behold, my package never arrived yesterday. The delivery date has been changed to "by the 19th" with no notification of the change.

Back