• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ghosting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

I have a Motorola Moto G Plus that is only 3 months old. Recently every now and then when I'm messin with it it'll just go crazy, opening and closing apps, making calls/texts, all kinds of random crap. A phone repairman said that it's called ghosting and is due to a bad screen. I then asked how much to fix it, $120 he said. Lol, the phone brand new only costs me $200 so guess I'll just buy a new phone? Is there anything else I can do?

You could try an AV app just to be sure.

In the past I have replaced screens on phones. You may be able to get a digitizer/LCD combo screen from ebay for really cheap then watch YouTube to see how it comes apart. I suggest the digitizer/LCD combo because separating them and/or getting them together without dirt/dust/air bubbles/breakage is really tough. There's a good chance you can replace it yourself for a small amount of money. A quick look shows that they are about $50.

I have had Kaspersky Mobile on it since the day it was turned on. No issues. I talked to Motorola, they're gonna replace the phone.

That's good to hear that they will replace it. Shipping is even cheaper yet.

Back