• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom HDD Activity LED

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

r_1ne

Hello,

I am building a new gaming rig and have a question about the HDD Activity LED.

Rather than use the standard case HDD LED (2 pin), I wanted to use a custom strip of LEDs mounted inside the case so that the entire case flashes ominously when there is HDD activity. The problem is, that there are no LEDs on the market that do this. None of the custom lighting options on the market connect directly to the HDD LED header and they all have their own lighting patterns, which don't tell me what the system is doing at all.

I would like to know if anyone knows of any custom LED strips that connect to the HDD LED header, or if there is a way to modify an LED strip to connect to the HDD LED header. I imagine that modifying an LED strip would require supplying additional voltage and somehow getting the signal from the HDD LED header to the LED strip at the same time. Does anyone know how to do this safely? or, preferably can anyone recommend custom LED strips that do what I want? Keep in mind I already have ROG Aura, however it doesn't indicate HDD activity.

thanks.
r

Back