• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5-4690k overcloaking noob...Need help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jusumoner

Registered
Hey guys, so i wanted to start some overcloaking on my gaming pc. I have a i5-4690k. So in bios i setted up on "asus optimal" which auto-overclaock my cpu i just wanted to know if those results are safe/should i change anything? 2017-03-16 17_41_10-CPU-Z.png

Welcome! How about listing more specs... board, memory, gpu, cooler, etc...

As far as what we see. Voltage is fine (stay under 1.4) assuming temps are fine (under 90c load) while stress testing.

Hi i have asus H97M-E with 24 gbs of ddr3 ram at 2133 mhz and a msi gtx 1070 haming x. Stress testing 46 degreee C at max with a Hyper D92. The vcore is alright at 1.222 or it should be lower for 4.3 ghz?
Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

and my cpu is staying between 4.1-4.3 ghz at almost 0 cpu usage (ilde) is it normal?

vcore of 1.222 is quite safe and you have room for even more. Anything under about 1.4 is okay. "Automatic" overclocking wizards usually assign excessive voltage and lower memory frequency. They usually do not give an optimum overclock. Your wizard seems to be doing better than most but you really should commit to learning how to overclock by tweaking manual settings in bios. That's the best way.

Thnx for the reaply yeah i did a lot of reading and i started tweaking around into the bios i achieve 4.5ghz at 1.222vcore just need to runa long stress test that it.

4.5 should be a nice easy oc on that chip and it provides nice FPS should be similar to a 7600k

Back