• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Safe Temp for CPU & GPU under load

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Catzen

Registered
Hi there :)

Recently I have been more interested in overclocking and found this website while doing research!
Currently my AMD FX 4100 (3.6ghz base clock) is stable at 4.4ghz
My Sapphire RX 470 Nitro+ (1140mhz base clock, 1236mhz boost) is stable at 1400mhz
Have run both CPU and GPU under heavy load for an hour
My question is, while playing Witcher 3 on Max settings for an hour, are these temps safe for long term?

Thanks in advance for your help!
<3

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 157
All your temps are quite safe at this point. The two you need to be concerned with should you overclock more (and you seem to have some headroom to do that from both a temperature and a core voltage standpoint) are "CPU" and "Package." CPU temp is the temp of the CPU socket. Package temp is the temp of the processor itself. You can go up to about 70c on socket and about 55-60c on package before you start encountering instability and or throttling.

All your temps are quite safe at this point. The two you need to be concerned with should you overclock more (and you seem to have some headroom to do that from both a temperature and a core voltage standpoint) are "CPU" and "Package." CPU temp is the temp of the CPU socket. Package temp is the temp of the processor itself. You can go up to about 70c on socket and about 55-60c on package before you start encountering instability and or throttling.

Thank you so much for that info!
<3

Back