• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fx 9370 4.7ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd be surprised if the Imc were damaged, it may just need a kick in the Cpu Nb V and/or have the Ram speed dropped a bit.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if the Imc were damaged, it may just need a kick in the Cpu Nb V and/or have the Ram speed dropped a bit.

I'm keying on the fact that it was formerly stable but is no more according to OP's original post. It would be a good idea to try and bump the CPU/NB up a bit, however. Nothing to lose by trying it.

If OP was formerly stable at 4.7 and now has to back all the way down to 3.2 to be stable something is wrong. It's likely he was not truly stable in the fist place but still . . .

If OP was formerly stable at 4.7 and now has to back all the way down to 3.2 to be stable something is wrong. It's likely he was not truly stable in the fist place but still . . .
This is what I'm thinking as well. For starters as Shrimpy pointed out that CM V8 Air heatsink is likely not enough cooling for that chip at stock speeds. In addition the amount of ram coupled with the speed is also going to increase the strain on it. I know personally my Fx-8350 was never able to run "stable" with 2400 Mhz sticks, no matter how much Dram and Cpu Nb voltage I gave it and that was with 2 x 4g sticks. 4 x 8g sticks are really going to hammer the Cpu Imc.

Back