• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any ASUS Prime X370 Pro owners out there ... besides me??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK, I understand. I have only set my fans to Turbo after initial playing with the curve. I have the IPPC-2000 fans on my AIO. (If I ever can remount it). I found that maximum speed actually decreased the cooling on the radiator. As well as made a significant increase in noise. The noise doesn't bother me as the computer is in an unoccupied spare bedroom and doesn't bother anyone. I found there is no reason to run the fans that fast. I just settle on Balanced Mode for the pump and Fan speed. That puts the pump rpm at 1980 and the fan rpm at 1280. Seems to cool the best there.
I normally use em to push air through a 30FPI (fins per inch) rad in push only config, but I need a new block. Ol' swiftech apogee XT rev 2 isn't getting an adapter kit. Gotta pay off my system before I buy more toys :(

The rad keeps em tame. 30FPI is pretty dense, can't really see through the rad when you hold it up to light [emoji14]

Last edited:
The bios on this Prime X370 is very confusing, I've come from a Gigabyte 970a-ud3p motherboard and knew how to do some basic overclocking.

I don't understand the bios on this new motherboard as most settings are new to me, I don't know where to start. All settings are currently on default/Auto. I've loaded up windows and am monitoring stuff in HWinfo and the "VDDCR CPU" shows the maximum voltage which goes over 1.5V. Isn't this unsafe?

Can someone please explain which settings I need to change in the bios from default/Auto settings, or should I just leave them as they are?
I can't even find the setting to turn the CPU turbo on/off or how to change the multiplier.

Attachments

• HWinfo.png
    HWinfo.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 614
  • hwinfo2.png
    hwinfo2.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 570
Last edited:
If you have problems with booting at 3200 memory clock after restart then you have to set higher DDR VTT voltage. I have no problems with 3200 memory when this voltage is higher. On air/water you don't have to touch any other voltages than CPU, DIMM and VTT. Everything else is working good at auto and is not really affecting max OC.

@ wah123
The auto voltage on these CPUs is all over the place. As soon as you alter it then all the auto power savings, turbo etc. stop working. For 3500 you could likely just set a manual voltage for the core of 1.2v maybe less and be stable

Thanks @Woomack, I'll look into changing those settings to get a higher memory clock. Just finding my way right now lol.

Thanks @Johan45. Which setting is it in the bios that I need to alter to change the Voltage and also the CPU multiplier/frequency? as I can't find these in the bios (I'm checking in Advanced/ AI Settings. On my previous Gigabyte board these settings were very easy to find and the voltage could be changed by changing the "Vcore". I have the latest 511 Bios btw.

On the tweaker page one of the first options is AI OC tuner set it to manual. Then your multi etc.. should be visible. For voltage it's the same select the voltage, you'll get a drop down and either select manual or offset. The below that you can input the voltage you want

On the tweaker page one of the first options is AI OC tuner set it to manual. Then your multi etc.. should be visible. For voltage it's the same select the voltage, you'll get a drop down and either select manual or offset. The below that you can input the voltage you want

Thanks a lot for the help. I'm going to have a go at this now. :)

Right, so I put the multiplier up to 37 (3700mhz) and set the VDDCR CPU to manual override mode and put 1.275V as the override voltage.

I did a Prime95 stress test and the CPU temp maxed out at 72C and the voltage maxed out at 1.34V. It's still more than I set in the bios but that might have something to do with LLC. Still, I'm happy with the result.

Right, so I put the multiplier up to 37 (3700mhz) and set the VDDCR CPU to manual override mode and put 1.275V as the override voltage.

I did a Prime95 stress test and the CPU temp maxed out at 72C and the voltage maxed out at 1.34V. It's still more than I set in the bios but that might have something to do with LLC. Still, I'm happy with the result.
Did you test lower voltages? That seems high for 3.7ghz.

Did you test lower voltages? That seems high for 3.7ghz.

I'm going to test it now, I've been busy with family stuff so I'll have some time now to test it a bit more. You've got a good voltage on yours I'm going to see how low I can get mine to.

I normally use em to push air through a 30FPI (fins per inch) rad in push only config, but I need a new block. Ol' swiftech apogee XT rev 2 isn't getting an adapter kit. Gotta pay off my system before I buy more toys :(

The rad keeps em tame. 30FPI is pretty dense, can't really see through the rad when you hold it up to light [emoji14]

Yeah. I would say so. I think that 16-20 FPI is the norm for most AIO's that I know of. With that high a fin count, I can see your choice of the IPPC-3000's is a good choice.

- - - Updated - - -

The bios on this Prime X370 is very confusing, I've come from a Gigabyte 970a-ud3p motherboard and knew how to do some basic overclocking.

I don't understand the bios on this new motherboard as most settings are new to me, I don't know where to start. All settings are currently on default/Auto. I've loaded up windows and am monitoring stuff in HWinfo and the "VDDCR CPU" shows the maximum voltage which goes over 1.5V. Isn't this unsafe?

Can someone please explain which settings I need to change in the bios from default/Auto settings, or should I just leave them as they are?
I can't even find the setting to turn the CPU turbo on/off or how to change the multiplier.

That 1.55V maximum reading was a phantom. Mumak (Hwinfo) has stated that AMD has told him there is a bug in the chip that reports a false high reading and needs to fix it with a firmware release. No reason for alarm. The voltage never went that high. I saw it too after the first boot on 0511 BIOS. Disappeared after the second boot.

Thanks Keith. I was wondering why all the values min/max etc are reporting the same voltage and never change. Mines not fixed itself even after a few reboots but like you said a fix will come so I'll try not to worry about it.

If you have problems with booting at 3200 memory clock after restart then you have to set higher DDR VTT voltage. I have no problems with 3200 memory when this voltage is higher. On air/water you don't have to touch any other voltages than CPU, DIMM and VTT. Everything else is working good at auto and is not really affecting max OC.

Can I ask you what value did you come for VTT DDR from the stock 0.600V?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Keith. I was wondering why all the values min/max etc are reporting the same voltage and never change. Mines not fixed itself even after a few reboots but like you said a fix will come so I'll try not to worry about it.

Yes, I am stuck at 1.55V now since I just started playing with 3200 memory and VTT DDR. Still there after several reboots to change things. It went away after my first reboot yesterday.

@Keith, yeah hopefully there'll be a fix out soon.

@Bluefalcon13 I tried 1.1875V and the PC crashed after a few minutes of Prime95. I increased the voltage to 1.199V and it was stable after 30 minutes of Prime95 and a max CPU temp of 66C.

@Keith, yeah hopefully there'll be a fix out soon.

@Bluefalcon13 I tried 1.1875V and the PC crashed after a few minutes of Prime95. I increased the voltage to 1.199V and it was stable after 30 minutes of Prime95 and a max CPU temp of 66C.
You running LLC as well? I noticed with auto LLC voltage goes bonkers.

I have LLC in Auto still. Just had my first crash with a K_Mode Exception_Not_Handled error. I remember someone posting about all the various LLC level and what they mean but have not found it again yet. Would LLC1 be advisable to settle down Vcore since I run my cores at full load all the time. I always used LLC on my FX processors, but I remember Elmor saying to just leave it at Auto so that is what I have done so far.

Back