• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got a Swiftech H320 and a H240 (duel pumps) Parallel vs Series for GPU/SLI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wildstallion

Hi guys,

I'm after a bit of advice, I have a Swiftech H320 and a H240 (duel pumps) and dont know if I should go Parallel vs Series for CPU & X2 GPU in SLI? I was initially planning on having separate loops the 320 is currently attached to the CPU and the 240 sits nice and close to the GPU's. I could have a redundant configuration with the two pumps working together however I am concerned that the different PWM pumps speeds might burn out the opposing pump (i.e they will fight against each other). Another draw back would be maintenance would be a pain in the *** unless I purchased expensive quick connects.

Would appreciate any advice/thought you could give.

Looked at the spec sheet from Swiftech's site, its showing me to be the exact same pump. You could grab something like this and just chain them together for a single loop which I think you should do.

I would also recommend in setting the GPU's in parallel to assist with the flow since those pumps aren't your typical D5 or DDCs.

Back