• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

They Just Killed BattleLog

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

motherboard1

Well, They just killed Battlelog. What a kick in the nuts.

Last week it works like this.

Click Battlefield Play button in Origin, BattleLog pops up in a browser giving me access to everything I need in battlefield 4, I can watch youtube or netflix while monitoring the Server Browser for a good match. Something happens that interests me I can jump into a Map.

Today after an Update it works like this.

I Click Play and I'm Yanked from my Desktop Environment into a Long as launch screen and Forced to stay put and listen to the Background Battlefield Music and immediately decide whether or not I like the Activity I see in the Server Browser and Alt Tab back and forth if I want to keep an eye on it. Also Since the game is running now in the back ground, Battlefield 4 is chewing up 40% CPU on my I7 6700k and my fans are all Amped up. I can't individually refresh server info at a click and when I exit I have to wait for it to load back into the main menu instead of dropping me instantly to my desktop as if I'd killed the process.

-------

Edit: Err wait, I can actually still log into Battlelog manually. But it's not giving me some information right now IE Ping. I would say that this is probably still the End for BattleLog unfortunately.

Last edited:
Meh...

Still use battle log after... still see ping...it updated....

I was wondering how one could see the new ui...

I've never heard of battle log and i play Battlefield fairly often, what am i missing :confused:

Oh, so it's just me? Guess I over reacted.
How do delete this thread then :/
I haven't seen the new ui as I use battlelog (web based Kenrou). There's no need to take your ball and go home because I haven't run across it. I've seen many people complain as your are, and an alternative is just battle log. I can see ping etc... did I miss something??

I haven't seen the new ui as I use battlelog (web based Kenrou). There's no need to take your ball and go home because I haven't run across it. I've seen many people complain as your are, and an alternative is just battle log. I can see ping etc... did I miss something??

Not sure how to take the "take your ball and run home" comment. I think maybe you thought I was being sarcastic but I wasn't.

@ Kenrou. Are you talking about battlefield 4, or 1 ?

BF 3 & 4 have always used Battlelog by default when I launch battlefield through Origin. I don't own Battlefield 1, but I was partially aware that it doesn't use Battlelog (boooo!). Just kind of forgot.

Last edited:
Yeah, thought you were being sarcastic... my bad. But as of thursday, after the 3.XXGB update, I can still use battlelog and I recall seeing ping (seems to take a bit longer to see it). I should be able to get on tomorrow and verify...

But yeah, again, many aren't liking it. But I never launch through origin as I have a bookmark to battlelog.

@ Kenrou. Are you talking about battlefield 4, or 1 ?

BF 3 & 4 have always used Battlelog by default when I launch battlefield through Origin. I don't own Battlefield 1, but I was partially aware that it doesn't use Battlelog (boooo!). Just kind of forgot.

4 and 1, if it's some kind of feature to check player stats/ranking it would explain why I never cared about it, save for a few select games I stay away from multiplayer ;)

Now that I think about it I probably still play more ME3 multiplayer (ofc modded for HD textures) then any other...

I thought BF4's Campaign was decent. BF1 eh, not so much. ( played a few of the mini campaigns at a friends house, don't own the game )

Kenrou, you've never used battelog to play BF4 Multiplayer ??? I didn't even know that was possible before this Update. Basically Battlelog is your whole Server List browser in a Web Page. Has all your filters, information about friends on line, your loadouts, unlocks and progression are all there, and it's how you join a game. When you see a server with good ping, player count, and maps you like, you click JOIN and it launches Battlefield silently in the task bar, then you click the little tab to maximize the game.

Ya I actually can't even use battlelog to join a server now, keeps telling me I need to download the plugin, install it, then continue. I do so but it just keeps asking me for it again. Maybe the new firefox Update or something.

Never noticed that had a name, i just joined and played, shows how much attention i pay to the game :rofl:

You play SP... for a game meant solely for MP with a SP thrown in... def. didn't pay much attention. :p

Back