• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[RESOLVED] Which is better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ITAngel

Hey guys wondering which is better for my current setup?

XFX Radeon RX 480 RS 8GB or GALAX GeForce GTX 1070 HOF Limited Edition 8GB

My setup is in the signatures. I have a friend interested in buying my GPU and I am planning to grab this other GPU.

Monitor: 2560 x 1600 resolution and 16:10 aspect ratio, the Dell Ultrasharp U3011

I can't grab the gtx 1080 yet to pricey but I could replace my card for a gtx 1070 or drop another rx 480 in CF mode.

Last edited:
GTX1070 is about 30-50% faster in generally everything ... I have both.

Oh cool, I am getting one of these two cards which one you think is best? EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 8GB or GALAX GeForce GTX 1070 HOF 8GB?

I would get the one that has the best warranty and that fits your budget.

I got my 1070 for $380 and that was on sale!

Unsure of the EVGA has a transferable warranty. Galax is unknown to me ( tho i know the brand, unsure of warranty).

Unsure of the EVGA has a transferable warranty. Galax is unknown to me ( tho i know the brand, unsure of warranty).

I really like the looks of the HOF card but the only thing is that if something happen to it the warranty /RMA has to be done from the person that purchased it. The person said he doesn't mind doing that for me if something was to happen but then again. I was originally after the EVGA GTX 1070 since EVGA customer service has been great to be in the past. I don't know how much issue it would be to RMA that Galax card or not. I have yet to need to RMA a GPU because of issues. The EVGA is also a bit cheaper too but the card he RMA they just send him a new one too which is why I was leaning toward that one. But EVGA is a good company so I am pretty torn about both cards. I have a EVGA PSU, EVGA Motherboard, lol I like their stuff.

the evga is covered under it's serial number, not owner.

True I know that I am just wondering due to the correct information if the EVGA is still a better buy since $20 dollars cheaper and easy Warranty transfer over the HOF? My only concern is the EVGA FTW VRM Failures due to overheating. I don't want to be down as soon I get the card. I know the chances of the HOF would be the same except is new send to the seller.

Update: Now that I look at the EVGA card is pretty nice looking. I may just go that route instead not sure yet until I hear from the saller but I did find another one for $345 too.

Last edited:
EVGA has great customer service. I like my EVGA SC GTX 1070.

Nice! Thanks for your input. I do like the EVGA too a lot but ended up taking a chance with the HOF. It seems it will have enough power to run well and the card is new on-open so I will go with that for now. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake going that route but figure what the heck. =):D

Nice! Thanks for your input. I do like the EVGA too a lot but ended up taking a chance with the HOF. It seems it will have enough power to run well and the card is new on-open so I will go with that for now. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake going that route but figure what the heck. =):D

If you have a problem EVGA is great all you need is the S/N. I had some rattling noise with my old SC GTX 1070 when running with high ambient temperatures and EVGA insisted I RMA, so I sent it in and EVGAs shipping was fast then I received a new card that clocks even higher stock:D also very quiet.:)

If you have a problem EVGA is great all you need is the S/N. I had some rattling noise with my old SC GTX 1070 when running with high ambient temperatures and EVGA insisted I RMA, so I sent it in and EVGAs shipping was fast then I received a new card that clocks even higher stock:D also very quiet.:)

Yea the guy that had the card was away for a while and I needed to get one since my card was being sold to a friend and needed to ship it. With that in mind I just went and grab that one I can get fast the HOF. Not only that it remind me of my crazy Devil 13 295x2 graphic card. With out the heat of a 747 engine and sound of it.

Back