• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temp software for Ryzen 1800x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Meescha

Hi im looking for a software to monitor my cpu temp, ive tried every temp monitor i could think of and nopn will read the temps of my amd ryzen 1800x, ive tried, core temps, hwmonitor, speedfan, aida64, real temp, none of them tell me cpu temp
only software ive found is the amd ryzen master software, but id like other software then that. so maybe someone has an idea of a software or maybe im just missing something

how are your temps so low, mine sais 56.5c and im running open loop watercooling, but the software works many thanks

Edit nvm i looked at your signature your using a 1700 lol, that is why your temps are so low lol

That was idle. Just remoted to my computer over vnc.

Plus for reasons, AMD put in a temp offset on the X processors so they measure 20C higher than they are.

Edit: yup, 1700, 3.7ghz on all cores, on a Wraith Spire :)

How does Hwinfo64 label CPU Temp vs. Core or Package Temp? I'm used to the terminology of HWMonitor when looking for the temperature of the cores and don't see it in your pic, Bluefalcon.

Meessha, HWMonitor uses the term "CPU temp" to refer to the socket area sensor temp reading and uses "Core temp" and "Package Temp" to refer to the processor temp. Don't know if that has changed with the Ryzen architecture.

How does Hwinfo64 label CPU Temp vs. Core or Package Temp? I'm used to the terminology of HWMonitor when looking for the temperature of the cores and don't see it in your pic, Bluefalcon.

Meessha, HWMonitor uses the term "CPU temp" to refer to the socket area sensor temp reading and uses "Core temp" and "Package Temp" to refer to the processor temp. Don't know if that has changed with the Ryzen architecture.
Under the AMD CPU section, it's listed as CPU (tctl).

Under the Mobo section, it lists CPU(I believe this is the socket temp).

Also, on the latest HWmonitor (stable) they don't list a temp under the CPU itself, only CPU temp on the mobo, which AFAIK is the socket temp.

"In a post on their official blog, AMD explained that their 7 series CPUs have a sensor called "T Control". Otherwise called tCTL, it's the primary sensor on the Ryzen series of CPUs that reports how hot everything is.

The sensor, according to AMD, takes the temperature from the interface point between the CPU die and the heatspreader. But a problem users have been noticing - including yours truly, who has been grappling with a Ryzen 7 1800X of late - is that the tCTL sensor is offset on the 1700X and 1800X CPUs, which AMD says is necessary so "all AMD Ryzen processors have a consistent fan policy"."

Read more at https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/03/a...hot-as-they-say-they-are/#ZkGzgFZ5Q9KEWYDd.99

Last edited:
But a problem users have been noticing - including yours truly, who has been grappling with a Ryzen 7 1800X of late - is that the tCTL sensor is offset on the 1700X and 1800X CPUs, which AMD says is necessary so "all AMD Ryzen processors have a consistent fan policy".

Huh? Sounds like bologna to me. I can adjust the fan profile myself. Just give me an accurate temp reading.

But a problem users have been noticing - including yours truly, who has been grappling with a Ryzen 7 1800X of late - is that the tCTL sensor is offset on the 1700X and 1800X CPUs, which AMD says is necessary so "all AMD Ryzen processors have a consistent fan policy".

Huh? Sounds like bologna to me. I can adjust the fan profile myself. Just give me an accurate temp reading.

I'm with you on this Trents........ i know why ghey did it but ....I can't understand why they went this way. It is so easy to adjust a fan profile or turn up a fan controller why take away a full 20 degree of cpu headroom.

Back