• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help! Overlocking Xeon e5450

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cyber0101

Hello i'm new on this forum and i need help about overlocking my xeon e5450 3.0 Ghz stock speed. I want ot overlock it to 3.5 ghz but everytime its unstable. I will leave some pictures here, and if someone helps me i will be very thankfull.
Capture.PNG
IMG_0878.JPG IMG_0879.JPG IMG_0882.JPG IMG_0884.JPG IMG_0887.JPG IMG_0889.JPG

Here are my specs:
PSU: Cooler master b600 v2 - 600w watt
Memory: 8GB DDR2 800Mhz but 2 of them are CL5 and other two are CL6
MOBO: Biostar P43-A7
Cooling: Be quiet pure rock

1. It's not a good idea to mix RAM with different speeds and timings when overclocking.

2. You will likely need to start the memory at a lower frequency than it's 800 mhz rating. When you overclock with the Front Side Bus it will also increase the RAM frequency as the RAM frequency bus is tied to the FSB. So start it lower.

3. I would also take the CPU "Over voltage" off of Auto and try +.2 to start with. Are you monitoring your core temps under load? That is essential.

How are you stress testing?

I'm stressing my CPU prime95 and of course i'm monitoring temps with hw monitor. Temp are ok below 70 celsius. I will increase the fsb from 333 to 389 with multiplier 9. With that multiplier the DRAM frequency will be something below 800mhz. Do i need to increase north/south bridge voltage or DRAM voltage. What is Vtt voltage and do i need to increase that?

I'm stressing my CPU prime95 and of course i'm monitoring temps with hw monitor. Temp are ok below 70 celsius. I will increase the fsb from 333 to 389 with multiplier 9. With that multiplier the DRAM frequency will be something below 800mhz. Do i need to increase north/south bridge voltage or DRAM voltage. What is Vtt voltage and do i need to increase that?

Eventually you would need to increase the voltage when those frequencies get too high for stock voltage. It might be smarter in the beginning to lower the multipliers on those two to keep them close to stock frequeny if you have that option. That way you are only dealing with one variable at a time. Having them overclocked will not have much positive impact on performance anyway and it makes overclocking more complicated and challenging. If you overclock them you would just need to experiment with raising the voltage until you got something that was safe but stable. I have no idea what voltage to suggest to you because I don't even know what the stock voltage is. If there is not a multiplier adjustment for north and south in bios you have no choice but to increase the voltage to maintain stability. Sorry, I am not much help but in that technology generation I was into AMD, not Intel.

Back