• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTB an Good PC!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lIrenicuSl

Hello ladies! and gen....

I'm searching for new PC commponents, the money what I'm able to spent, its aorund 1500 EUROS.
I would like to get for it:

Motherboard, I'm wondring here wich one is good x99 or z170..
Graphic Card Choosing between 1080TI and 1080
RAM memory 16 GB should be enough i hope, 8 is to low i think.... Just wondering if 3000 MHZ is okey, or its to low...
an SSD disk 250 GB, I have an 850 Samsung EVO already one.
Processor ofc - 7600k or 7700k
+ not expensive cabinet.

Things what I got ALREADY
:
an power supply 550W Corsair VS Series 80 PLUS
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO.

I would be really Glad if 1080TI would be inside of this PC, but I'm scared that 550w is not enough for 2x SSD+ the rest, im not going to use normal Hard Drive anymore...

Here Is an website wich i would recommend to use [sience i live in germany] :
https://www.alternate.de [ there are damn nice promotions on the motherboards!!!!]
https://www.idealo.de/

What are you going to be using the pc for. This will factor in to the component selection.

I would wait until April 11th to see how ryen5 shakes up the mid level market. A 1500 with a 1080ti would make a good Muti use system.

Do you also need to buy a monitor?

No, jsut thw working station, my Monitor isnt new but atm i got no money for new one, i got Samsung 24' full HD [ i don'trmember exact name]
Maybe when4k will downprice or 2,5k will i will get one, I know that FULL HD is a bit waste for 1080ti...sadly

Also, if you're looking at Kaby Lake chips (and you apparently are) I would change the chipset to z270. If you're going new, get all new. And yes, a 1080 Ti is going to be wasted on a 1080p display. However, if you plan to upgrade the monitor before the system needs upgrading, the 1080 Ti now will be able to take advantage of a 2k or 4k monitor and save you that money down the road. For multi tasking Ryzen might be a good alternative. They aren't "bad" gaming chips by any means, and they are a step up from the x99 Haswells for multithreaded work by all accounts, and Haswell is getting old. Especially since AMD's bang/buck slaughter of Team Blue chips seems to be back with a vengeance. :D

No, jsut thw working station, my Monitor isnt new but atm i got no money for new one, i got Samsung 24' full HD [ i don'trmember exact name]
Maybe when4k will downprice or 2,5k will i will get one, I know that FULL HD is a bit waste for 1080ti...sadly

I dont think its a waste at all if you have a highspeed 144hz 1080p monitor

A GTX 1070 will rock your gaming world. It's essentially a 980 Ti with a lesser appetite for power. But if you intend to upgrade, I wouldn't worry about a 1080 Ti until you get above 2k. IMO.

A GTX 1070 will rock your gaming world. It's essentially a 980 Ti with a lesser appetite for power. But if you intend to upgrade, I wouldn't worry about a 1080 Ti until you get above 2k. IMO.

ye i was htinking exactly about same, 2k should be neough, but aobut 2k monitors im trully clueless, wich one is good price/performance

Dell makes very good monitors on their high end. Dell makes very expensive monitors on their high end. Beyond that, I'll have to bow to greater experience and knowledge from some of our other members. :)

I really need a new monitor my. Self I'm still running a 23 inch 1080p 60hz from 2008. I'm thinking a 27 inch 144hz 1080p for my next maybe a 1080 ultra wide

I really need a new monitor my. Self I'm still running a 23 inch 1080p 60hz from 2008. I'm thinking a 27 inch 144hz 1080p for my next maybe a 1080 ultra wide

Mine is a bit younger, around 5 years old, but still it wont be good thing for 1080ti, waste of graphic card :[

Back