Any web browser that's tolerable for daily use?

The only web browser that I've been able to tolerate over the past few years is Pale Moon, since all the other main browsers have one major flaw that I'll describe below. I'm looking to change from Pale Moon because Adblock + no longer seems to work with it.

Basically, the thing that I can't stand about Chrome, Opera, or Edge is this: Say I'm reading an article, and I wish to highlight a particular word, or phrase. I'll highlight the word/phrase, right click it, and then select "Search Google for "<word>""

The problem is that all these browsers except for Pale Moon automatically shifts to the new tab. I feel like throwing the computer out the window every time this happens! I want the browser to still open the new tab with the Google search, but I don't want the browser to automatically shift to that tab! Any way of disabling this?
    MY RIG:
    CM Masterbox Lite 3 case
    i5 3330
    8GB DDR3
    EVGA reference GTX780 3GB 1.2GHz core @ stock volts
    500W Enermax PSU
    250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Most if not all browsers have the option to "open link in new tab" or "open link in same tab" or "change automatically to the new tab" (will be worded similar), its usually in general options ?
    CPU: FX-8370, 4.5ghz 1.368v
    Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO - SP120 LED 120mm x2
    GPU: MSI 660 Ti - N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC
    RAM: 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866mhz 9-10-9-27
    Motherboard: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
    SSD: Crucial M4-CT064M4SSD2 64gb
    HDD: WD10EZEX 7200rpm 1TB
    PSU: Corsair TX750
    CASE: NZXT S340 - AF140-LED x3 - AF120-LED x1

3. Thanks!

EarthDog (03-21-17)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenrou View Post
    Most if not all browsers have the option to "open link in new tab" or "open link in same tab" or "change automatically to the new tab" (will be worded similar), its usually in general options ?
    And in addition to this setting there is also an option to keep focus on the current tab (in firefox for certain, I haven't looked forward the setting in any other browser yet)
    ..... Daily Driver . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . NAS/Etc......
    PSU: Supernova G2 750w. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 350W Seasonic (SS-350ET)
    GPU: HD 7850. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Radeon 5450
    Mobo: GigaByte 990fxa-UD3. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Gigabyte 970a-d3p
    CPU:Phenom II 955BE . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Athlon II x2 270
    RAM: 4 x 8gb PNY XLR8. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2 x 2gb 1333
    Cooling: MegaHalems! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Arctic Alpine 64 Plus CPU Cooler
    HDD : Western Digital Caviar Black 1T . . . . . . . . . . Enough For Now!
    OS DRIVE: 120GB Kingston SSDNow
    Smileys are too Punctuation! :)

5. Thanks!

EarthDog (03-21-17)

Mutterator
    Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Change the option in the settings??? Mine does that automatically (highlight a word, right click and search it opens a new tan)...

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon

Pale Moon's default is to open search results in a background tab, so you can keep reading the current page.

about:config > browser.search.context.loadInBackground > true is background, false is switch to immediately. I think it's the same in FF. A similar switch might not be available in others but I don't use them so I don't know for sure, I'd guess that Opera would have that option somewhere.

I'd opt to change ad blocker first, uBlockO is lightweight and unobtrusive, alt., Tobin's AdBlock Latitude.

Try the Firefox ESR version, it's the best FF version for stability, while it lasts in a usable format, about 15 months support left before they catch up with the current 52.0.1 in blocking traditional add-ons, etc.. The 32-bit is lighter weight, fine for 3-4 hour sessions, x64 uses more resources but should be fine with heavier burdens, multi-day sessions, etc. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo...nizations/faq/

8. Thanks!

knoober (03-21-17)

c(π*199780) Senior Member c627627's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Author Profile
    Firefox, absolutely.
    It can be customized to do what you want it to do, more so than any other browser.

So just post what you want, and it can probably be done under Firefox.
    Open the pod bay doors, Cortana.

Used to be a fan of palemoon but realized between tor browser, and 2 other versions of ff (all portable one ff with security addons and one without) that I was basically just running ff with mods. Got tired of editing palemoon portable to adhere to my homepage, https://duckduckgo.com/lite, plus it never would update itself, so it was fired. Aside from FF, I also use k-meleon portable. IE11 refuses to connect on both my pc's though both update fine whether on static ip or not. I also run icecat on occassion, another ff mod.
    Win7 Pro x64
    Asus 24" led / Vizio M 49" smart
    Asrock FM2A88X-ITX+ / CM Silencio 352
    AMD A10-7850K @4.5Ghz / CM Nepton 120XL aio
    Noctua NF-F12 x3 / Phobya TCP 4port controller
    SeaSonic 400 Plat Fanless / CyberPower 1500PFC ups
    G.Skill TridentX ddr3 2400 2x8gb
    128gb 840Evo msata / x2 6tb WD red's / x1 2tb
    Audioengine A5+'s / S8 sub / D1 dac
    Max Nighthawk x8 mx blue k/b / $7 mouse
    XSlate R12 Win7 Pro I7-4610Y t/s wacom 12.5" tablet