• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to stabilize pci-e bus while overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moheban79

Hi,

I have this old X58 920 D0 rig I'm overclocking. Got it mostly stable at 3.8 ghz except once in a while very rarely my sound card will drop dead and I have to reinstall or re-enable the sound card device. So was wondering where would you bump up the voltage to get devices like a sound card stable?

Thanks

If you back off the overclock a little does the problem disappear? What motherboard are we talking about? Higher end motherboards will generally tolerate higher BCLK/FSB frequencies than bargain basement boards.

If you back off the overclock a little does the problem disappear? What motherboard are we talking about? Higher end motherboards will generally tolerate higher BCLK/FSB frequencies than bargain basement boards.

I think if I back off the overclock these symptoms go away. Its an old X58 Evga Classified E759 with a 920 D0 at 3.8ghz. Got the Fsb at 198 mhz and 19 bclk with something like 1.33 v on the cpu and 100+ v vtt volts. Ram is just under 1600mhz as well. As for the exact settings I would have to check and get back to you.

Thanks.

Back