• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR4 RAM 3000 running at 2133

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lazers

I have Asus Z270F mobo with intel core i& 7700K and Corsair Vengeance DDR 4 3000 MHz (2 * 8GB). My windows 10 (x64) showed it running on 2133. So I enabled XMP in BIOS. Now Bios shows correct speeds, voltage, etc but in Windows, WMIC, Task Manager and CPU-Z still show it at 2133.

Please Help. How to make it run on right speed.

There must be menu where you can change RAM speeds in BIOS. Be aware that CPUZ have to show DRAM Frequency half of actual speed, in your case it must say 1500 mhz it means RAM runs at 3000 mhz

Are you sure? Let's see screenshots of cpuz please (memory and spd tabs - host image here)...they should be running at 1500mhz as was mentioned above.

I guess it's normal, never thought about this window but on my X99 rig with 3000 memory there is also 2133MHz. CPU-Z speed is correct in this case.

I think windows is eating crap with this one I have similar issue showing me lower cpu speed. If you are in doubt go to BIOS and look for RAM settings there must be a tab to change speeds, if its set to 3000 then it works on said 3000.

I guess it's normal, never thought about this window but on my X99 rig with 3000 memory there is also 2133MHz. CPU-Z speed is correct in this case.
that is the 'spec' of the ICs before binning. We had some dude back in the ddr3 days keep mentioning something about this.....all memory is overclocked blablabla..... so that's it's native speed. I think some will, eventually say 2400.

Windows is reading SPD profile which is 2133 for most popular IC. 2400 is almost only on some Micron IC ... so like ED said Windows will show what's "before binning".

all that matters is the memory tab in cpuz in the timings section next to "dram frequency". multiply by 2 and that's your current actual ram speed. if you want your true cpu speed open cpuz and run a stress test.

Windows task manager can be really wierd... My old i7 3770k showed up as 6.25GHz for over two years while it actually ran at 4.7

Back