• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4k under 400 euros?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You won't get 2 for $400. If you don't require gsync you can get a 144hz 1440p screen for about that much with an IPS screen

nono, you miss understood, I meant:
Can you give me a link for some of these monitors one or two links <-

Last edited:
You're going to have a hard time finding anything above 60Hz under 400 that's 4k. It will have to be off-brand or on sale at the least.

Newegg has promotion today for an Acer IPS 27" 2k monitor that is 60Hz at 180 bucks after promo code. If I didn't just buy 3 Asus 1080p IPS monitors last black friday for 90 bucks a piece, I'd get this monitor to tide me over until 4k becomes reasonable.

Other than that a basic search for anything above 60Hz gets pricey.

--update--

You're going to want IPS. They are far superior than the regular TN panels. You get a much wider viewing angle and they are flicker free. This reduces eye strain a lot. At least for me there is a noticeable difference between using my IPS monitors at home and when I use my LED ones at work. I can barely stand using my monitors at work for more than 3-4 hours at a time and I am constantly blinking due to the strain when reading large documents. I don't have any of these issues on my monitors at home.

This Asus is close to 400 - 60Hz of course and no gsync from what I glanced at. Ironically the 28" is cheaper than the 23.6. Weird.

I pretty much watch monitors on a daily basis - been waiting for that super sweet deal on a 2k/4k high refresh rate monitor now for over a year.

To explain a little further - IPS is an LCD screen backlit by LEDs.

Good Luck! I hope this helps and you find what you're looking for.

Last edited:
Take a look at the Asus PB278QR. It is not off-brand, it is IPS, and it is 75Hz. Also it is 399 euro.

You're going to have a hard time finding anything above 60Hz under 400 that's 4k. It will have to be off-brand or on sale at the least.

Newegg has promotion today for an Acer IPS 27" 2k monitor that is 60Hz at 180 bucks after promo code. If I didn't just buy 3 Asus 1080p IPS monitors last black friday for 90 bucks a piece, I'd get this monitor to tide me over until 4k becomes reasonable.

Other than that a basic search for anything above 60Hz gets pricey.

--update--

You're going to want IPS. They are far superior than the regular TN panels. You get a much wider viewing angle and they are flicker free. This reduces eye strain a lot. At least for me there is a noticeable difference between using my IPS monitors at home and when I use my LED ones at work. I can barely stand using my monitors at work for more than 3-4 hours at a time and I am constantly blinking due to the strain when reading large documents. I don't have any of these issues on my monitors at home.

This Asus is close to 400 - 60Hz of course and no gsync from what I glanced at. Ironically the 28" is cheaper than the 23.6. Weird.

I pretty much watch monitors on a daily basis - been waiting for that super sweet deal on a 2k/4k high refresh rate monitor now for over a year.

To explain a little further - IPS is an LCD screen backlit by LEDs.

Good Luck! I hope this helps and you find what you're looking for.

What about 4k, I mean: If i good understood, the 4k monitors if they're not IPS are not worth even checking ye?

Found two:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01M64QNU2...N=B01M64QNU2&ascsubtag=GYQbRH7U7QF03oFOaWNf_Q

https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/5096858_-27ud58-b-lg-electronics.html

Last edited:
It's ultimately up to you, but IPS has quickly become the new standard. The benefits of IPS are worth it in my opinion. They blow TN panels out of the water in terms of image quality.

If you are buying an expensive 4k monitor you probably are not going to want to spend money now on a cheaper TN panel and then spend more later on getting an IPS version.

That LG on Amazon looks like it is IPS and in a good price range. Personally I am not a fan of LG anymore - I have an LED LG TV and the colors have faded quickly - but that may not apply to this particular monitor. Just something to think about.

Buying a good monitor has always been a wait and see game for me. I always find a better deal and product when I am patient and watch the market regularly. Since it seems you are restricted to EU that might be more difficult and take longer for you based on availability.

Check out Samsung 4K TVs.

I have this one I use as a monitor:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01EBGJYSC/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This particular series has very low input lag (not as low as a gaming monitor - but works fantastic.). The picture is incredible.

The downside is that is only does HDMI for an input. As long as your video card supports HDMI 2.0 and you get a 2.0 HDMI cable, you can run at full color, 60Hz at UHD resolution.

When I got this, I figured if it didn't work, I would put in my bedroom. It's been connected to my PC for 5 months.

43" is about as large as I could go as I sit about 3 feet from it. Any larger and I would have too much head movement. If you go too small, you can't read the text for icons on the desktop. As it stands now, I have to set font scaling to 125% with this monitor...but then again, I'm old! :D

Last edited:
Check out Samsung 4K TVs.

I have this one I use as a monitor:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01EBGJYSC/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This particular series has very low input lag (not as low as a gaming monitor - but works fantastic.). The picture is incredible.

The downside is that is only does HDMI for an input. As long as your video card supports HDMI 2.0 and you get a 2.0 HDMI cable, you can run at full color, 60Hz at UHD resolution.

When I got this, I figured if it didn't work, I would put in my bedroom. It's been connected to my PC for 5 months.

43" is about as large as I could go as I sit about 3 feet from it. Any larger and I would have too much head movement. If you go too small, you can't read the text for icons on the desktop. As it stands now, I have to set font scaling to 125% with this monitor...but then again, I'm old! :D

Well, 2 things are problematic here
1st: price
2nd: The size of it. My gaming room has like 18m2 so i should sit aorund 2,5meters away frm the screen with this size? It means on my bed XD?

- - - Updated - - -

It's ultimately up to you, but IPS has quickly become the new standard. The benefits of IPS are worth it in my opinion. They blow TN panels out of the water in terms of image quality.

If you are buying an expensive 4k monitor you probably are not going to want to spend money now on a cheaper TN panel and then spend more later on getting an IPS version.

That LG on Amazon looks like it is IPS and in a good price range. Personally I am not a fan of LG anymore - I have an LED LG TV and the colors have faded quickly - but that may not apply to this particular monitor. Just something to think about.

Buying a good monitor has always been a wait and see game for me. I always find a better deal and product when I am patient and watch the market regularly. Since it seems you are restricted to EU that might be more difficult and take longer for you based on availability.

I think the last thing what i need its just check myself, what looks better
an 2,5k monitor 144 hz IPS or 4k IPS, i think its time to visit some Media Markt and jsut watch on both of them and choose.

I sit about 1 meter from it.

Wasn't sure if the exchange rate - I knew the pound was higher.

Samsung also has some 30"-ish ones that are lower cost. The series types on the Samsungs are their processing power. If you Google reviews on the series type as a gaming monitor, they compare input lag vs many of the gaming monitors out there.

Good luck!

Then the question would become do you game enough that you want the faster response time? Or is your computer mainly used for Productivity and media consumption?

A 1080ti will run both pretty well. It can get 4k games close to 60 FPS (depending on the game), and can get most everything above 60 FPS at 1440p. It's a lot of personal preference, but I went for the higher resolution and lower refresh rate in my case. I had a 144Hz 1080p monitor previously, and I definitely prefer my new larger, higher resolution monitor, even though it's only 60Hz.

Ye i know what you mean but still there is no final answer: 2,5k 144hz or 4k 60 HZ, both IPS

As others have said, it is mostly your personal preference. You have the information that you need. If you plan to game and have a PC powerful enough to run at 4K then I don't see much reason not to get that. If you would rather have higher refresh rate for smoother action get the higher refresh rate panel.

Again, 2.5k isn't a thing. The proper term is 1440p

Back