• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-990FXA UD3 R4 Bios questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Allirun

Registered
I have an fx 8320 overcloked to 4 at the moment. I turned off cool n quiet, c6, and c1e. Is there anything else I should disable?

Turbo Core technology and anything power saving related. I suggest you to read what each setting is before disabling it. I have everything disabled on my board and it works fine

Seems to be running pretty well now. Not looking for more over 4.0 at this moment. 37C idle, 17C on the cores, and 55C full load. All i do is game and school work, so anything over 4.0 at this point isn't needed imo. But if i am wrong, please correct me

Is it worth overclocking my ram to 1866 with 11-11-11-28? Instead of 1600 at 9-9-9-24?

Nop, stay at 1600mhz 9-9-9-24, you won't see a difference 24/7 and you're putting strain on the IMC for almost zero gain :)

Keep RAM at stock first it isn't worth it the risk secondly you wont see any real gain from it anyway. Load temps must be below 65c-63c at least by my opinion to avoid temperature throttling maybe even less on 8core cpu, so you are good there. Idle are not showing correctly so you can ignore them

Go ahead and try, I imagine you could push easily whatever to 1866-2000mhz 1.6-1.65v and slack and really loose/slow timmings to keep it cool at the expense of Latency.

Everything I have read on the subject says that lower timings @ 1600 beats looser timings @ 1866. Ill dig up the links if you cant find them.

BTW : I had this exact issue and maybe it was just the sticks I was using or the fact that I had 4x 8gb 1866 sticks, but I couldn't get them stable even with 1.8V

Everything I have read on the subject says that lower timings @ 1600 beats looser timings @ 1866. Ill dig up the links if you cant find them.

BTW : I had this exact issue and maybe it was just the sticks I was using or the fact that I had 4x 8gb 1866 sticks, but I couldn't get them stable even with 1.8V

It does and keeping Latencies nice and low that way as well, but it's clock eater and run's hotter, I'm barely stable with the D14 on 215 bus like 4946, 2000mhz ram all 4 dims 16gb at 1.65v like 11-13-13-36-54-16-350 etc I'll still hit 62c on the core...but that's pretty impressive and not bad on AIR.

I am in the same boat knoober, I've yet to be able to get my 8350 to run at 1866 stable and I have put a whole lot of work into trying. I've tried 5 different sets of ram, G.Skill sniper 1866, Geil Evo 1866, Crucial Ballistic 1866, G.skill Ripjaw 2133 @ 1866 snd my G.Skill trident 2400 @ 1866. None have run without any issues at 1866 and I've given them all plenty of Dram V and Cpu Nb v. I have had the 8350 running above 1866 for benching but it's not stable at all.

Have zero issues with mine and this saber but my old Crosshair V (non Z) didn't particularly like it, had to bump the voltage. Might have something to do with the fact that i forgot to check if this was compatible with AMD when i got it :rofl:

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/vengea...dram-1866mhz-c9-memory-kit-cmy16gx3m2a1866c9r

Yeah blazing with low/tight timings, this here is pretty responsive to that, Didn't really like the Klevv Cas 11 I had picked up, so mix of 12gb of the Gskill NT and some old Nanya, pretty low and tight at 1866 10-10-10-27-40-160-7-7 etc just blazing at 5ghz etc there is a slight heat difference going loose vs low/tight.

PSC sticks run at 1866 al day long on FX.....at below 9 CL too. ;)
Not mine Scotty I have 3 different sets, 1 set of Ripjaw 2133 7-10-7 and 2 sets of Pi's. I've yet to get any of them running stable on mine. Every time I've had a set in at 1866 I'll get random freezes every few days.

Not mine Scotty I have 3 different sets, 1 set of Ripjaw 2133 7-10-7 and 2 sets of Pi's. I've yet to get any of them running stable on mine. Every time I've had a set in at 1866 I'll get random freezes every few days.

Oh I find it difficult that route trying to go low as can and tight, it can get unstable easily.

Eh, I got 4 sets that will do this all day long. More than 1866 if I loosen them up a little.

image_id_1470594.jpg

Oh I find it difficult that route trying to go low as can and tight, it can get unstable easily.
Do you read what you type RJ because I have no idea what you're trying to say most of the time.

Eh, I got 4 sets that will do this all day long. More than 1866 if I loosen them up a little.
Not doubting you Scotty, I'm convinced mine just doesn't have a great IMC. My 6300 will work at near 2k without an issue stable. The 8350 nada, unless you have some magic you can wave this way, I've tried just about everything.

Back