• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-990FXA UD3 R4 Bios questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Could be Mike, I can reproduce it on the 9590 also.

@ Allirun - That is on high end water. On the chiller I can go 5.5 ish.

Do you read what you type RJ because I have no idea what you're trying to say most of the time.

Not doubting you Scotty, I'm convinced mine just doesn't have a great IMC. My 6300 will work at near 2k without an issue stable. The 8350 nada, unless you have some magic you can wave this way, I've tried just about everything.

Oh I wasn't paying attention lol. And I'm bored playing with timings and trying to get pretty cool with the D14 and have but still pretty toasty and kinda too hot under a real Load, and it's not that warm of an area I live in at all. Dieing to get the new pump in and shave off all those High load temps.

Not doubting you Scotty, I'm convinced mine just doesn't have a great IMC. My 6300 will work at near 2k without an issue stable. The 8350 nada, unless you have some magic you can wave this way, I've tried just about everything.

My guess was the IMC also. My sticks arent so great (PNY XLR8 4 X 8GB) and I have all slots filled so it didnt surprise me when I kept getting bumped back down to 1600. I was in a real "as long as it works" mood that day though, so perhaps I will revisit the BIOS and see if messing around with the HT makes a difference. It always seems s cosmic joke that it takes so much time to OC :)

Could be Mike, I can reproduce it on the 9590 also.
It's been an issue since I first bought my G.Skill sniper 1866 sticks. I actually RMA'ed 2 sets of snipers because of it not being stable. By the 3rd set I started to realize that it may not be the sticks but the Imc. Now that I own numerous sets of ram and have tried all of them on the 8350 without luck my best guess is the Imc just doesn't like running above 1600. I've hit it with more Dram V, Cpu Nb v, loosened the timings etc. Still every few days if I'm running at 1866 it will randomly lock up and have to be powered down and restarted. Doesn't matter if the Pc is under load or just sitting idle. My 6300 on the other hand is running at 1866 with the snipers installed as I'm typing without a hitch.

It's been an issue since I first bought my G.Skill sniper 1866 sticks. I actually RMA'ed 2 sets of snipers because of it not being stable. By the 3rd set I started to realize that it may not be the sticks but the Imc. Now that I own numerous sets of ram and have tried all of them on the 8350 without luck my best guess is the Imc just doesn't like running above 1600. I've hit it with more Dram V, Cpu Nb v, loosened the timings etc. Still every few days if I'm running at 1866 it will randomly lock up and have to be powered down and restarted. Doesn't matter if the Pc is under load or just sitting idle. My 6300 on the other hand is running at 1866 with the snipers installed as I'm typing without a hitch.

Does seem to be IMC related then.

Must be, when I had my UD5 R5 all I had to do was enable the XMP profile and done. My Snipers were ooooooooold too... Like 2010 old.

Must be, when I had my UD5 R5 all I had to do was enable the XMP profile and done. My Snipers were ooooooooold too... Like 2010 old.

Yeah that kinda Blows at least get up to 1866..Oh this 8320 still nice to decent in the IMC area..2400mhz was no Problem and even at lower cpu-nb.

Back