• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4P issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Junebug

Hi all,

A few more 4P questions.. The first is my system was cranking along happily at 180-220K/day. Then the last few days it dropped down to about 100K. I was thinking it was different WU, but then I looked and they were ones I had been almost twice as productive before. I shut down and restarted and immediately started folding the previous work unit at 35sec/ frame vs 49 just before the restart.

Any ideas what’s going on?

This kind of leads to second question. The unit is running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. IS it worthwhile to upgrade to 16.04 LTS, or are there any pitfalls to upgrading.

Thanks,

Junebug

Hi all,

A few more 4P questions.. The first is my system was cranking along happily at 180-220K/day. Then the last few days it dropped down to about 100K. I was thinking it was different WU, but then I looked and they were ones I had been almost twice as productive before. I shut down and restarted and immediately started folding the previous work unit at 35sec/ frame vs 49 just before the restart.

Any ideas what’s going on?

This kind of leads to second question. The unit is running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. IS it worthwhile to upgrade to 16.04 LTS, or are there any pitfalls to upgrading.

Thanks,

Junebug

I have 14.04.02 LTS and I don't see any slow down.

Back