• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I de-lid 4670k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

Any one have personal experience with doing this ? more interested in results then the method ( have de-lided a few chips before) .

MY chip is a decent clocker 4.8 is stable for 99% of things , i cant bench that much higher 4.992 being the highest and for most things 3.9 .

I have a large spread in temps from the max to the min . Normally more than 10deg c .
I took this SS a few min ago to show what I mean .

4.8 1.45.JPG

Seeing this spread makes me think that a delid would benift me ( maybe finally get a SS at 5ghz. ) . But am I wrong ? who knows thats why Im asking you =) .

Side note the best TIM I have is AS5

I delided my 4690k. The temps stay within about 5c core to core now and in general temps improved at least 10c. As far as being able to push the overclock further I cannot remember if it actually helped or not.

I wouldn't. You arent temperature limited and you are already at 1.45V, what many would consider to be a 24/7 max...

And especially because of this:
Side note the best TIM I have is AS5

If you don't have the right stuff, there is little point in doing so in the first place. If you are going to do it, do it right and get yourself some good paste for it. But again, you clearly aren't temp limited so I don't see a point there at all.

You can run the temp up to 90c, nonetheless like Earthdog said you are voltage limited for 24/7 running.

That test doesn't show to temp limited just the spread of CPU temps. I'm running some gaming benches right now . After that I will upload some shots of it topping out
Aida fpu can make it hit 90 s well as occt linpack 90%ram Setting

See the cool core , my hopes for deliding would be to get the rest closer to that lvl not the 15+deg difference im seeing now .
Might have to order some Liquid metal .
higher temps.JPG

^^^^^^ this^^^^^^

if you are running 4.8 @1.45 with a haswell you have no reason to delid, voltage is the issue, if the voltage was in the mid 1.3,s we would have reason to talk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back