• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling Drama!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTXJackBauer

Water Cooling Senior Member, #TEAMH20HNO
This must be the royal rumble of watercooling dramas I've ever seen or in a long time. Lots of names were thrown in the ring which forced responses by many in the custom water cooling world. Mind you, this all started over a noisy pump.

Source

This must be the royal rumble of watercooling dramas I've ever seen or in a long time. Lots of names were thrown in the ring which forced responses by many in the custom water cooling world. Mind you, this all started over a noisy pump.

Source

Just Maybe I could see the Legitimate appeal if you lived somewhere very hot and high Ambients all the time or really trying to cool stuff down, but that would be some added work either some kinda new and bigger stand/table or a new case, I mean you could work on some kinda effective basic Loop a small rez etc a good cpu block to start big hoses, but I'm cool with the CLC could always try an even bigger Rad and some good fans.

Thanks for the link Jack.
I didn't know that thread existed.
I'm on my second RMA for a VPP655 for the impeller locking up and killing the motor. Pump is less than a month old both times. Running just DI water and biocide.
Mod My Mods is local to me and is being very accommodating on the RMA's. Their CS is outstanding.

Just Maybe I could see the Legitimate appeal if you lived somewhere very hot and high Ambients all the time or really trying to cool stuff down, but that would be some added work either some kinda new and bigger stand/table or a new case, I mean you could work on some kinda effective basic Loop a small rez etc a good cpu block to start big hoses, but I'm cool with the CLC could always try an even bigger Rad and some good fans.

:confused:

Thanks for the link Jack.
I didn't know that thread existed.
I'm on my second RMA for a VPP655 for the impeller locking up and killing the motor. Pump is less than a month old both times. Running just DI water and biocide.
Mod My Mods is local to me and is being very accommodating on the RMA's. Their CS is outstanding.

Oh man. Had no idea you had one of those. I remember reading about those pumps months ago. I mean aren't they fairly new in the market place? They say its like a beefed up D5 but not quite a D5. I wonder what Laing thinks because I think this is a supposed new design while it looks like a D5 by Alphacool.

MMM are the same giants (Staff) from FCPU as I'm sure their CS is stellar.

I'm a DDC guy usually, but I had a need for a D5 of some sort.
I'll be sticking with the DDC's for whatever I do from now on.
It only takes one bad taste to sour a whole batch.

Back