• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Status of the AMD APU series

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

So now that Ryzen FX CPUs have been released, will we see Ryzen architecture implemented in the AMD APU line in some cut down way? Currently, the the APU line has been stuck at Godavari.

Last edited:
Yes but later. Think early next year for desktop? Can't recall when AMD said it's coming, bit do recall it wasn't for a while. Kinda interested in this as they may make great SteamOS​ boxes that can also stream from your desktop. Would be pretty rad IMO....

Edit: there is an OEM only line that is iterated on Godavari, runs on AM4, and supports DDR4, but good luck getting your hands on a CPU. My Mobo supports them, but again, OEM only :/

It's basically a custom Linux distribution that runs steam, gets the most current GPU drivers and hides Linux from you. IE it boots into Steam Big picture mode and supports steam in-home streaming as well as any Linux games on steam.

Not interested in APU, but nice that we could just swap any old cpu into our X370 chipset boards.

I am wondering myself. I like FX cpu's and also FM2+ apu's. What will the difference be between the ZEN apu's and the ZEN processors that have been released besides the igpu? Will the apu's be limited to four cores and multithreading?

I am wondering myself. I like FX cpu's and also FM2+ apu's. What will the difference be between the ZEN apu's and the ZEN processors that have been released besides the igpu? Will the apu's be limited to four cores and multithreading?

That would be my assumption. 4C8T + iGPU based on Vega most likely.

Back