• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much memory does Windows 10 for "future proofing"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I go the Shield route too. I have 2 of them (one in family room, one in bedroom). I can do anything...as it's paired with a Harmony remote. When I want to web surf, I bring in a Bluetooth keyboard.

Price magically dropped yesterday when I clicked on it. LOL. Still shows the lower price for me. If I had known RAM prices would do this I would have bought a lot more last July. :D

I remember our discussion about the "golden age of DDR4 RAM". I got 32GB of Corsair Vengeance for $144 at MicroCenter... it's now a whopping $277 on Amazon... and about the same on Newegg.

I'm running 12GB (4GBx2 + 2GBx2) in my HTPC just because I had extra 2GB DDR3 laying around - wish I would have bought a new mobo and upgraded the dang thing to 16GB of solid DDR4 memory and not just these random sticks back when DDR4 was cheaper. I do so much file transferring it could use the extra speed and buffer room.

I remember that conversation. It wasn't too long ago. I've heard the current prices are a blip on the radar and temporary. I'm hoping that's true.

Back