• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4s533 ? will it be available

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davefred99

Anyone heard about or seen this board yet. I am considering it for my next system. I like what I have heard about the new DDR333 boards . I Know the intel rdram is probably a little better but I always like to be different.

Hello:

No I have not seen that board but I am interested in it as well. If you like the SIS chipset DDR 333 etc. you may want to have a look at the review for the Abit SD7-533 @ http://www.3dgameman.com/
It sure looks impressive teamed up with a 1.6a.
:)

Do as I did and flash a P4s533 bios onto the P4S333. I did it with no probs at all. Just ignore the "does not match model" message in AFlash.

After going to the P4S533 bios I used the new 4:6 divider and I have about a 400 point increase in sandra!

Does the P4s333 have the SIS645dx chip set. If not other differences are there between the two. I am looking at building a new system in about 2 months. What is different about the Sd7-533 or are they about equal. ( here I go asking and asus vs abit question)

I had no trouble at all. I decided to do it after someone on another board told me about it, so I thought I would give it a go. If you do decide to do it just be careful. It has worked fine for me and 1 other person(unless more people have tried it). I really liked the 4:6 divider that the bios offered because now my memory scores are amazing.:D

davefred99

Sorry didn't want to start and Abit - Asus thing. :)

It looks like the DX is improved over the 645 version. If that is indeed the case then the P4s533 must be truly great IMO. That is assuming it has more or less the same features as the Abit SD7-533.
I would like to put the board with a 1.8a or 2.0a and OC a wee bit!

Back