• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD RYZEN 7 1700x and 1700 CPU Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

After much anticipation, the Ryzen 7 1700X and Ryzen 7 1700 CPUs are finally here. The internet has been buzzing since launch and not everything has been in-favor of the new architecture. My personal experience so far has been great, really, and I feel AMD has delivered this time. Going into development they had a fairly lofty goal of a 40% IPC (instructions per clock) gain over "Excavator," the last generation in their K15 architecture line. So AMD gathered together a formidable team of engineers and went to work.

Click here to view the article.

Yay Johan, reading it now!

Edit: Great article Johan! Enjoyed it greatly, and mirror what we have found in the community regarding the 1700 & 4.0ghz.

Last edited:
Thanks for the article......hoping when all the dust settles and some wrinkles are smoothed out that AMD is back in the game....

Very nice write up Johan this will give me even more to consider when choosing between the 1700 or 1700X. I had been leaning to the 1700X, probably still going that route but will certainly give this another read when I get home to ight on a big screen .... might just go with a 1700.

Fantastic Article! Looking forward to your overclocking guide, as we all have a lot of questions!:thup:

Nice review Shawn :thup:

Seeing how ryzen is overclocking it will be short guide :D

True enough, there are a few things to mention around memory and P-States but a lot depends on motherboard options right now.

On ASUS Prime X370-Pro it looks like ... set x40 cpu ratio, set 1.4-1.43V cpu voltage, enable XMP/DOCP ( adjust main timings if you wish ), end :) .. there is barely anything else that affects OC on ambient temps.

Back