• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit kd7 support just athlon xp 3000...but i bough 3200 how to set user define?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ANDRE_DUKE

hi everyone! my first post "over" here in this forum...

Well...the issue is this one:

I have one abit kd7 raid with 2 memories 1gb 400mhz and a athlon xp 3200 i bought yesterday...

But unfortunatelly, this abit just support athlons until 3000+....when i put 3200, it recongnizes as 2500 and gimme the error "cpu is unworkable" :(

well....in "user define" sets, i find this options:

CPU FSB CLOCK:
RATIO (FSB:AGP:pCI)
MULTIPLIER FACTOR
ENHANCE FOR BENCHMARK - disable/enable
CPU FAST COMMAND DECODE at normal / to fast

Now my question is...i never made an overclock or change any default set in any processor...can someone tell me if its possible make an athlon xp 3200+ works in his full thottle on that mobo? If yes...can someone help me out how made it?

Very thx for everyone!

Board does not support 200 FSB processors. Only up to 166 FSB.
You can try setting CPU FSB clock to 200 manually, but it might still give you the error message.
It is a board limitation.

Last edited:
If it has PCI clock locks (forces the PCI bus to stay on its standard frequency, 75mhz iirc) enable those. Back in the day, my Abit Mobo didn't have those, thus I could not overclock :/

Board does not support 200 FSB processors. Only up to 166 FSB.
You can try setting CPU FSB clock to 200 manually, but it might still give you the error message.
It is a board limitation.

Thanks for reply scott....i set it to 200 but does not test because when i put to user define, it asks me to give the value to all of the parameters above described....

Now, as default, it is set like that:

CPU FSB CLOCK: 200
RATIO (FSB:AGP:pCI) 5:2:1
MULTIPLIER FACTOR x12.5
CPU FAST COMMAND DECODE at normal

Can i try test like this or have to change something?

Multiplier should be set to x11.
Everything else is ok.

- - - Updated - - -

If it has PCI clock locks (forces the PCI bus to stay on its standard frequency, 75mhz iirc) enable those. Back in the day, my Abit Mobo didn't have those, thus I could not overclock :/

Via chipset. Thus no PCI/AGP lock. You can still OC slightly though.

hi guys....i set it to 200 but does not test because when i put to user define, it asks me to give the value to all of the parameters above described....

Now, as default, it is set like that:

CPU FSB CLOCK: 200
RATIO (FSB:AGP:pCI) 5:2:1
MULTIPLIER FACTOR x12.5
CPU FAST COMMAND DECODE at normal

Can i try test like this or have to change something?

Hi guys...me again....i change my processor for an anthlon xp2400...

Since its more powerless than the 3200, i wish to make an overclock on it, just to have a little more powerfull processor...well...here is the options i have from my mobo:

cpu fsb 100 to 250

fsb:agp:pci: 3:2:1 4:2:1 5:2:1

multiplier factor 5 5.5 6 6.5 7 7.5 8 8.5 9 9.5 10 10.5 11 11.5 12 12.5 13 13.5 14 15 16.5 17 18 19 20 21 22.5

cpu volts default is 1650 but it can goes from 1.550 to 2325 (always increasing 0.25)
ddr volt: default is 2,55 and it cant goes from 2.55 for 3.25 (always icreasing 10)

enhance for benchmark disable/enable

memory is 2 of 1gb each with 400mhz (i dunno if memory informations is needed for this OC). Memory i think is not necessary to over, since the system tells me it does not using too much memory...

What can be done in this case about overclock?

Thx! :eh?:

Back